PCL to PDF conversion in Java

We are experiencing lots of errors when trying to convert pcl to pdf using apose.pdf in java.

For very simple pcl the conversion is fine however when there are multiple pages and varying formatting the conversion is simply not working and more often than not throwing exceptions.

i have attached an example of the failing pcl and the code i am using to convert is below. When running on linux i set the font path and have copied any truetype fonts required into this directory.

String PCLFile = “20170215102450_65702421”;
PclLoadOptions loadoptions = new PclLoadOptions();
// Create Document object
String longPCLfile = “/opt/sdx/ceg/queue/pcl/” + PCLFile + “.pcl”;
String longPDFfile = “/opt/sdx/ceg/queue/pdf/” + PCLFile + “.pdf”;
//Document doc = new Document(longPCLfile, loadoptions);
com.aspose.pdf.Document doc = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(longPCLfile,loadoptions);

// Save the resultant PDF document
doc.save(longPDFfile);

i have also attached the output (conversion.log) when running the program.

Any help resolving this would be much appreciated.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting support. Your query is about Aspose.Pdf API therefore we’re moving this thread to the relevant forum (Aspose.Pdf Support Forum) so that the concerned fellow worker could monitor it to assist you with the presented scenario. You’ll get the recent status on this soon.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for using our API’s.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the problem that conversion from PCL to PDF with your given PCL file throws exception. I have logged a ticket PDFJAVA-36487 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep your posted in this forum thread on the status of the ticket. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Thanks for this.

i have attached a copy of the document as it should be which may help.

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for sharing further details.

I have attached the provided PDF document with ticket PDFJAVA-36487 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,