PDF 6.4.0 - Some Pages printed incorrectly- just black boxes instead of pictures

Dear Aspose Team,

first I want to thank you for fixing the issues I reported.
But I already have a new one:
The attached document is printed incorrectly. Instead of some pictures, I only get black boxes.
The document prints correctly when printing it from Acrobat Reader.

Can you please check this? Keep me up to date..

Regards,
Michael Eberhardt

Hi Michael,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template file.

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test using your template file. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-31828. We will update your via this forum thread against any update regarding your issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Good morning,

is it possible to get a quick hotfix or somehow a workaround?
This is quite urgent...

Thanks,
Michael Eberhardt

Hi Michael,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have asked the development team to share an ETA regarding your issue. I will notify you as soon as I get a feedback from our development team.

Hi,

I am evaluating this product and have come across a similar problem when converting PDF's containing Visio diagrams to page images. Black blocks appear over some of the elements of the diagram. Could you let me know as soon as possible if you resolve this?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Please share your template PDF document with us so we can check the issue at our end. It looks like the similar issue of black boxes as shared in the above post but it is better that we check and confirm the issue.

Hi,

Have attached file 'PageImageCorrupt-BlackBoxes'. I'm using PDFConverter.GetNextImage() on this PDF and outputing to JPG.

Could you also take a look at another PDF (also attached - 'ImageExtractBlank'). This is another simple Visio diagram copied into a PDF document, but this time no images can be found / extracted from the PDF. I'm using PDFExtractor.GetNextImage() on this document. No problems with any other file type so far.

Thanks,

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

dae22000:

Have attached file 'PageImageCorrupt-BlackBoxes'. I'm using PDFConverter.GetNextImage() on this PDF and outputing to JPG.

We have found your mentioned issue using your provided template file. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-31977. We will notify you regarding the resolution of the issue on this forum thread.

dae22000:

Could you also take a look at another PDF (also attached - 'ImageExtractBlank'). This is another simple Visio diagram copied into a PDF document, but this time no images can be found / extracted from the PDF. I'm using PDFExtractor.GetNextImage() on this document. No problems with any other file type so far.

We have found your mentioned issue using your provided template file. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-31978. We will notify you regarding the resolution of the issue on this forum thread.

Dear Aspose Team,

any news on this topic after 2 weeks?

Regards,
Michael Eberhardt

I have got an update from our development team and the fix regarding your issues will be a part of our upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET (v6.5). We will notify you once the release is available for download.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hello,

can you please be more specific when the release will be available?
This is really an urgent issue.

Regards,
Michael Eberhardt

Thank you for being patient.

Well, As per our plan / schedule, the next official release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.5 will be released for users by the end of next week. We will update / notify you once the release is available for download.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 31977) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-31828) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the issue PDFNEWNET-31978 and the reason PdfExtractor is not able to extract the image from ImageExtractBlank.PDF is because the document does not contain any raster (bitmapped) image. You may further check this scenario by extracting the images using Adobe Acrobat (Advanced → Export All Images…) and you will get to know that the star in that document is vector graphics not raster image.

PdfExtractor only extracts raster images from PDF file.

As a workaround, you may consider exporting the PDF page to Image format. As per your requirement, you may try exporting the particular region of page containing star image and transform that region into Image format. Please visit the following link for further information on Convert particular page region to Image format.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-31978) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.8.0update.