PDF/A-1b validation issue

Hello Team,

We have files, which successfully passed validation via Aspose validator, but shouldn’t.
These files are PDF/A-1b, and Adobe Preflight reject them. (It is correct behavior)
We use Aspose.pdf 8.9.0.0. Do you know, that issue is fixed in the new version of Aspose validator?

Could you please check these files?
Thank you!

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the input PDF files, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi.
Thank you for quick response!
These files are in the PDF/A-1b format, but they don’t corresponds to ISO standards for PDF/A, but when we are trying to validate them via Aspose, they successfully passed validation.

Thank you!

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for contacting support.

In order for us to figure out the actual reasons behind the problem, we need to first test the scenario in our environment and therefore we requested you to please share the input PDF document.

Please note that we use Adobe Pre-Flight to validate the PDF/A compliance as our documents are based on Adobe specifications.
Hello,

Both attached files are original. These files were generated especially for validation testing. As I mentioned above, these files were rejected by Adobe Preflight (this is correct), but successfully passed validation via Aspose. Could you please try to validate these files via latest version of Aspose PDF?

Thank you,
Andrii

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for sharing the details.

As per my observations, the file 2010.789_Skrivelse_brev_fail.pdf is created with veraPDF Test Builder and already appears to have PDF/A compliance information. However when verifying the compliance using Adobe Pref-light, it is failing. Furthermore, during my testing to validate the PDF/A_1b compliance with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.5, it is appearing as failed. See attached validation log.

In my earlier request, I asked to please share the PDF document before applying PDF/A conformance, so that we can perform conversion using Aspose.Pdf and share our findings.

[C#]

// load PDF document
Document docnew = new Document("c:/pdftest/2010.792_Skrivelse_brev_fail.pdf");
// display PDF conformance verification result
Console.WriteLine(docnew.Validate(“c:/pdftest/Validationlog.txt”, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B));

Hi!

Excellent! That means that we should update our version of Aspose.PDF to the latest.

Thank you for help!

Best regards,

Andrii

Hi Andrii,

Please try using latest release and in case you still face any issue, please share the input PDF file before conversion to PDF/A compliance format. We will test the conversion with Aspose.Pdf for .NET and will keep you updated with our findings.