PDF/A 2B and higher printing problems

Hello Aspose family,

First I would like to say that we are very satisfied with your products.

I am not sure where to post this message because I am not sure which of two addresses, word or pdf.
Due to European EIDAS, our company has to generate at least PDF/A 2B documents. Almost everything is without problems, but when we need to load word document and convert it to PDF/A 2B and higher, the document will not print at the printer (HP-LJ2300). It gets stuck at the printer queue. Note that the printer we use to test is old laser jet (but it is problematic on very large number of old printers), but when we try it on new printer, everything is fine.
All fonts seems to be properly embedded into the PDF. But when we try to convert to PDF/A 1B or 1A everything is all right.
When we are converting excel using aspose cells everything is fine. In attachment I send you the source word document, some source code and result pdf. We use Aspose.Words v. 14.10 and PDF 10.9.
I also tried newest libraries of Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf but problems persist. However I mannaged to print the pdf using new FontSettings feature. I left the SetFontsFolder as string.Empty and aspose changed our fonts(arial) to Fanwood. With this font, everything prints fine but it is not very desired solution.
Could you please take a look at this problem and maybe help me to solve it? We were thinking to purchase renewal if we find out that new version might help, but right now it seems that it does not help much :frowning:
I tried everything I could, but nothing seems to help.
Thank you very much for your time :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

We are testing this scenario and will get back to you soon. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario while trying to print the resultant PDF/A_2A over HP LaserJet 3055 Printer and have managed to reproduce same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-41323 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi thank you very much :). We will be waiting

This problem has been fixed with some update whatever the number is. Thank you. I just wanted to let you know :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

We are glad to hear that your problem is resolved with one of the latest release version. Please continue using our API’s and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hello,

the big issue with printing problems is solved by the lastest version but this versions from 17.3.0 and later caused another problem that was not there before.
The problem is that after converting certain documents, the text in some places overlaps as you can see in included .pdf file. When there is no conversion, everything is fine.
You will find all three files (source, output and .cs code) as an attachement.

I tried converting to different versions (1.5, 1.6) and different formats (3A, 2B), nothing worked. We made no change in code, that could cause this behaviour, we only changed the DLL file.

Thank you very much

Hi,

Thanks for sharing code and input/output files. I have tested the scenario in our environment with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.4.0 and was able to notice text overlapping issue. Though, for the sake of detailed investigation, I have logged this issue as PDFNET-42683 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate the issue and keep you updated on the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us a little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
We realy hope, that you will have it fixed because in few months our clients will be obliged to generate pdf documents as at least PDF/A 2B due to the european EIDAS regulation.

Thank you very much for quick answer :)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

Currently we cannot share the timelines regarding the implementation of earlier logged requirement but as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its implementation, we will let you know. Meanwhile I have also shared your concerns with product team and they will surely consider them during the implementation phase.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.