PDF-A-2B not in a valid format

Hi dear support,

We generate a pdf with Aspose version 17.3 and when this document is signed Acrobat reader refuse the signature with error message : “document has been altered or corrupted since it was signed”
Hotline of editor than provided electronic sign had analyzed the problem and discover than pdf-a generated do not respect section 7.5.4 of PDF norm :
“The table comprises one or more cross-reference sections. Initially, the entire table consists of a single section (or two sections if the file is linearized; see Annex F). One additional section shall be added each time the file is incrementally updated (see 7.5.6, “Incremental Updates”).
Each cross-reference section shall begin with a line containing the keyword xref. Following this line shall be one or more cross-reference subsections, which may appear in any order. For a file that has never been incrementally updated, the cross-reference section shall contain only one subsection, whose object numbering begins at 0.”

we have test it on simple pdf document with code line:
Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(inputPdfPath);
doc.Convert(new MemoryStream(), Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_2B, Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
doc.Save(outputPdfaPath);

I add documents on post :

• PDF.pdf : simple PDF
  • PDF converted in PDFA_2B by ASPOSE.pdf
  • PDF converted in PDFA_2B by ASPOSE and signed KO.pdf : you can open it with acrobat reader and find error
  • PDFA generated by Word.pdf
  • PDFA generated by Word and signed OK.pdf

This is a big problem for us because main aim of our application is to sign document and this signature is not valid ! I hope you can solve it with high priority.

PDF-A not valid.zip (622.5 KB)

Best Regards.

@Nicolas_SaintVal,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to replicate the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-42979 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks for your reply,
But I am very worried because i have found an other topics in this url : Saved document contains invalid xref table
for the same problem open 2 years ago and not closed yet.
How long do you think we should wait to have the correction?

@Nicolas_SaintVal,

Thanks for contacting support.

Apart from above mentioned forum thread, in recent release versions, there have been numerous fixes related to this feature and it mainly depends upon the structure of input document. I am afraid due to issue complications, the problem is not yet resolved.

Now concerning to your reported problem, the issue is pending for analysis and unless the product team completes the investigation process, we may not be able to share the possible reasons behind this problem. However the team will surely consider investigating/fixing this problem as per their development schedule and as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.