We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF/A checks fail of resulting PDF/A

We are using Aspose.PDF to convert existing PDFs to PDF/A format to allow long longterm archival. Recently our archival service has seemingly changed their way of checking the resulting PDF/A that we are generating and is now refusing the acceptance.

|Compliance|pdfa-1a|
|Result|Document does not conform to PDF/A.|
|Details|Validating file for conformance level pdfa-1a
The value of the key Type is missing but must be StructElem.
The value of the key SMask is a dictionary but must be None.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document contains transparency.
The document doesn’t provide appropriate logical structure information.
The document does not conform to the PDF/A-1a standard.
Done.|

FileInfo fi = new FileInfo(args[0]);
Document pdfDocument = new Document(fi.FullName);

string logFileName = fi.DirectoryName + “/log_” + fi.Name + “.xml”;
pdfDocument.Convert(logFileName, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
string outFileName = fi.DirectoryName + “/converted_” + fi.Name;
pdfDocument.Save(outFileName);

Is this any known issue?

Andreas

@andreas.soehnlein

Can you please share your sample source PDF document with us as well? Also, please try to verify the PDF/A conformance using Adobe Preflight as we support its standards. Please share the screenshot of compliance test as well so that we can further proceed accordingly.

Hello

We checked with Preflight. Preflight gives:

image.png (75.4 KB)

I have the document that causes the issue available for you at

Let me know if you can access it.

@andreas.soehnlein

It seems like you have shared an output PDF which was generated using 17.9 version of the API. Please try to use the latest version of the API i.e. 21.10 and in case you still notice compliance issues, please share the respective source PDF document with us along with compliance results screenshot. We will log an issue in our issue tracking system and share the ticket ID with you.

Hello

We did the conversion using 21.10 with no difference in the result

2021-11-17_10h37_48.jpg (76.1 KB)

Here is the source file:

@andreas.soehnlein

The shared PDF document is still an output PDF document which was generated using 17.9 version of the API. We request you please share the sample input PDF which was supplied to the API in order to generate this output. This way we will be able to replicate the issue in our environment and address it accordingly.

@asad.ali I have shared the original file now (I have updated the link in the my previous message)

Thank you

@andreas.soehnlein

We were able to reproduce the issue in our environment. Therefore, have logged it as PDFNET-50932 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.