We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF/A conversion issue - font contains glyphs that are not listed

I am evaluating your Document conversion and PDF capabilities and have come across an issue trying to convert an email to pdf and then onto pdf/a.
The final pdf/a-2b file fails the conformance check in acrobat pro dc.pdfa.PNG (41.4 KB)

Is there anything that can be done to solve the glyph issue? It is still using the arial font when I have tried to substitute it with ArialMT but that does not seem to work either.

The code i am using is
var fileInfoSourcePdf = new FileInfo(@“C:\Docs\Test Email.pdf”);
var fileInfoFinalPdfA = fileInfoSourcePdf.AppendToFileName("_PdfA2B");
var logFile = fileInfoSourcePdf.AppendToFileName("_Log").ChangeExtension(“xml”);

FontRepository.Substitutions.Add(new SimpleFontSubstitution(“Arial”, “ArialMT”));
Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(fileInfoSourcePdf.FullName);
doc.Convert(logFile.FullName, PdfFormat.PDF_A_2B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
doc.Save(fileInfoFinalPdfA.FullName);

Test Email.zip (366.6 KB)

Looks like the issue is caused by the “evaluation” messages added to the output. I used the trial licence and the issue no longer occurs.

@jpetrak

It is good to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please keep using our API and in case you still face any issue, please feel free to let us know.