PDF/A conversion metadata errors

Hello,

I have this simple function that converts a PDF to PDF/A:

using (var document = new Document(source))

{

document.Convert(“ConvertResult.xml”, pdfFormat, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

document.Save();

}

I would expect the Aspose PDF component to convert the document to valid PDF/A, but it does not. Adobe Preflight gives several errors regarding metadata. Please review the included report and source document.

With kind regards,

Kees de Wit

Hi Kees,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tried validating the PDF/A compliance over attached 40Pagina_pdfa_b.pdf file using pre-flight feature of Adobe Acrobat and have managed to notice the issues. However we request you to please share the resource/input PDF file so that we can test the conversion in our environment. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hello,

Attached you will find the source document.

With kind regards,

Kees de Wit

Hi Kees,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

Can you please share the PDF/A compliance format in which you are trying to save the output and Adobe Acrobat version which you are using to verify the PDF/A compliance.

Hi Kees,

I have also performed the PDF to PDF/A_1b conversion using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.6.0 where I have used following code snippet and when verifying the PDF/A compliance with pre-flight of Adobe Acrobat XI version 11.0.0, I am unable to notice any issue. For your reference, I have also attached the imaging showing PDF/A compliance result and resultant PDF generated over my end.

[C#]

using (var document = new Document(@“c:/pdftest/40Pagina.pdf”))<o:p></o:p>

{

document.Convert("ConvertResult.xml", Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

document.Save("c:/pdftest/PDF-A_1b.pdf");

}

Hi Nayyer,

There is a diference between your code and my code. Can you please verify if this code also gives a compliant document?

using (var source = File.OpenRead(“40pagina.pdf”))

{

using (var target = File.Create(“40pagina_pdfa-1b.pdf”))

{

source.CopyTo(target);

using (var document = new Document(target))

{

document.Convert(“ConvertResult.xml”, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

document.Save();

}

}

}

I have extracted this code from my larger code base and tested it in a seperate project. Your code gives a compliant document accorinding to Adobe preflight, but my code above does not.

Hi Kees,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem while using above shared code snippet. As per my observations, when trying to save the resultant PDF/A compliance file in same input PDF file, the PDF/A compliance issues appears. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-39151. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-39151) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 16.11.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Kees,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the earlier reported issue and in order to generate correct output, please try using following code snippet.

[C#]

using (var document = new Document(@“c:/pdftest/40Pagina.pdf”))<o:p></o:p>

{

document.Convert("ConvertResult.xml", Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

document.Save("c:/pdftest/PDF-A_1b.pdf");

}