PDF/A conversion of scanned document

Dear Aspose Team,

please consider the following problem with Aspose.Pdf for Java (10.6.2). The attached file (page.pdf) is a single (empty) page document which was originally created as PDF 1.5 by a RICOH scanner. To make the example minimal extra pages where then eliminated using the PDF-XChange tool.

Trying to convert the document to PDF/A-1b by calling

com.aspose.Document.convert(log, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete)

causes an exception of the form

Array Index Out of Range 3

I wonder whether the problem is in the document or the tool.

Heikki Tuominen

Hi Heikki,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested your scenario with shared document using Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.0.0 and managed to observe the reported issue. For further investigation, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-35359 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-35359) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan