PDF/ a documents generated cannot open in acrobat reader

Hi,

We are using both aspose word.net and aspose pdf .net. When we create a PDF with aspose word and then we convert it to pdf/a using aspose pdf. Nuget version we are using for pdf is 17.12.0 this is due to that is the version supported by the licence file we have.

When we open the pdf/a document that was generated cannot be open from acrobat reader, but can be opened via browser. When we validate the pdf/s file generated we get the following error.

1.0Copyright © 2001-2012 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.5/11/2020 4:15:17 PMDocument information entry ‘Author’ not synchronized with metadata property 'dc:creator’Document information entry ‘Creator’ not synchronized with metadata property 'xmp:CreatorTool’Document information entry ‘Producer’ not synchronized with metadata property 'pdf:Producer’Document information entry ‘CreationDate’ not synchronized with metadata property 'xmp:CreateDate’Document information entry ‘ModDate’ not synchronized with metadata property ‘xmp:ModifyDate’

When we open the pdf generated by apose word can be successfully opened by after coveting to PdfFormat.PDF_A_2B we get these errors.

This is sort of critical issue at the moment, quick resolution will be great.

Regards,
Sammani

@sammani,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share source files along with sample code to further investigate this issue. I also like to inform that support is always provided based on latest version so can you please try to use latest versions of both products which are improved versions of APIs.

Hi,

This is the code we have used.

JsonDataSource dataSource = new JsonDataSource(jsonStream);
reportingEngine.BuildReport(document, dataSource);

MemoryStream memoryStream = new MemoryStream();
            document.Save(memoryStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);
            memoryStream.Position = 0;

MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream();
            Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(memoryStream);
            var converted = pdfDocument.Convert(memoryStream, PdfFormat.PDF_A_2B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
            pdfDocument.Save(pdfStream);
            pdfStream.Position = 0;

Please let us know what needs to be fixed. Using latest nuget is not an option for us at the moment as license we have doesn’t support for new nuget. Anything we could do on that?

Regards,
Sammani

@sammani,

Can you please share source files PDF and Words along with generated result. I also like to inform that it seems issue is not in API but in your Adobe Acrobat reader. Please check and make sure that Adobe software is working fine. Also please share Adobe version details with us as well.

Hi,

Please find the attached document.

Title-20200519054557-6477e37beb7b4dc198cee131f47b9bad.pdf (21.6 KB)

Acrobat Reader Version : 2020.009.20063

Please let us know what we should do on this .

Regards,
Sammani

@sammani,

You have shared generated PDF/A file with me which I opened on my end using Adobe Reader and observed blank file with us. Can you please share PDF file or complete working sample project so that I may test on my end to further assist you in this issue

Hi,

[SampleCode](https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjqgnFwS4O2AgtFK3EdkCjFvxZyiWQ?e=XlDqfE)

Please find the sample code attached.

Sample I have shared can be opened with browser. Only issue is it shows as blanked in acrobat reader.

@sammani,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have observed your issue and like to inform that I have created investigation ticket with ID PDFNET-48250 in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve this issue as soon possible.

1 Like

Is there anyway we could check the status of your issue tracking system?

@sammani,

Can you please check attach screenshot. This will guide you how to check issue status. a documents generated cannot open in acrobat reader - Aspose.PDF Product Fa.png (56.4 KB)

Thank you, I guess We don’t have access to the issue tracking system, please let us know as son as this is fixed.

@sammani,

Sure, we will inform you when we have updates regarding ticket.

Hi Adnan,

Any update on this?,as our production release is getting close this is critical issue at the moment

Regards,
Sammani

@sammani

We are afraid that earlier logged ticket is not yet resolved. It was logged under normal support model and will be resolved on first come first serve basis. However, we have recorded your concerns and will surely consider them during issue investigation. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali any update on this, we have been waiting for quite a long, and this is somewhat disappointing after we bought your product paying huge amount of money we got a library with bugs and to fix it takes lot of time.

@sammani

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please note that we resolve every issue and take care of every concern of our customers. However, the resolution time of the issue depends upon various factors e.g. how many issues are there logged prior to it, what is the nature of the issue, how many components of the API need to be investigated for it, etc.

Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and will surely consider them during issue investigation. We will let you know as soon as we make some certain progress towards resolution of the reported issue. Please spare us some time.

Any update on this?

@sammani

We have again tested the scenario using Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.7 and in our environment an empty PDF was generate which can be opened in Adobe Reader. Would you kindly use the latest version and in case you still face any issue, please share a bit more details about it like in which version of Adobe Reader you are trying to view the document and what type of error message you are facing.generated-doc.pdf (79.3 KB)

Hi,

We cannot use Aspode PDF .net 20.7 as it is not supported by the licence we have. As your previous version is having a bug can we get a free upgrade, this is a big blocker for us at the moment.

Regards,
Sammani

@sammani

We would like to share with you that support is provided on the basis of latest version of the API. Furthermore, it is always recommended to use latest version because it contains more fixes and enhancements. There are many changes which have been made since the time of API Version that you are using and we request you to please upgrade it. In case you have further inquiry, please let us know.