Pdf/a for reporting service extension

Dear all,

I use Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices version 1.6.0.0 to render pdf/a output.

The rsreportserver.config is configured normally without this additional pdf conformance.

In the programming code, I set up the device info for this Aspose pdf extension:

PdfA1B

But the rendered pdf file is not in pdf/a but in normal pdf format.

Could you please help me on this?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

- Bui

This message was posted using Page2Forum from PDF Conformance - Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services

Hello Tuan-Kiet,

Thanks for considering Aspose and sorry for replying you late.

We're working over this query and will get back to you soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dear Nayyer,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

- Tuan-Kiet Bui

Hello Tuan-Kiet,

Sorry for replying you late.

Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services provides the leverage to set configuration parameters either in rsreportserver.config or it provides the option to make certain configuration parameters for any specific report file (that will not be applied over all the reports). For that reason you can add report parameter for the specific report by the report builder.

As per your case, I'm afraid I'm not certain about your development environment, such as the XML element . It would be great if you could provide us some example.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello Tuan-Kiet,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

At the outset, my apologies for not getting back to you earlier. Secondly, thanks for sharing the resource documents and detailed information regarding your working environment which really helped us while understanding the problem.

Our development team is still working over this issue and unfortunately due to some technical issues, we're not clear about the actual reason for the failure of report parameter setting. Please spare us some more time and we will get back to you with the status of correction shortly.

Once again please accept our humble apologies for such inconvenience. Your consideration and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Dear Nayyer,

It is great if you could show a (tested) solutution to configure:

. Aspose.Pdf for MS Reporting Service

. applied with Reporting Service 2008

. output is pdf archive

Many thanks!

Kind regards,

- Kiet

Hello Kiet,

Sorry for replying you late.

Currently we've uploaded some of the Video tutorials on configuring Aspose.Pdf for SSRS with SQL Reporting Services 2005 but I'm afraid currently we don't have any for SSRS 2008. Can you please take a look over them, may be they can help you out.

• Getting Started with Aspose.PDF for SSRS
  • Manually Installing Aspose.Pdf for SSRS
  • Using Aspose.Pdf for SSRS in Visual Studio Project
  • In case I've not properly understood your requirement or you've any further query, please feel free to contact.

Dear Nayyer,

all of the steps mentioned in these videos are done on my side with aspose config tool and with manual work. But it does not work for the pdf/a format.

A documentation on pdf/a for SSRS extension is found here:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.pdf-for-reporting-services/pdf-conformance.html

Could you please reproduce it again on your side with SSRS 2008? Or could you render a pdf/a report with SSRS 2008 + aspose?

I am looking forward to your fast reply.

Best regards,

- Kiet

Hello Kiet,

I have tested the scenario and I’m able to reproduce the same problem. I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-13956. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I’d love to be able to watch these videos, but they’re no longer on the site. :frowning:

JeniQ:

I’d love to be able to watch these videos, but they’re no longer on the site. :frowning:
    Hi Jeni,

We used to have videos hosted on our server but recently we moved them to youtube, in order to get maximum users attention. Please watch out these videos over [Aspose Videos Link ](http://www.youtube.com/user/asposevideo)