PDF/A validation fails

We are using Aspose.PDF for .NET to create PDF/A from a PDF Files.

If we validate the created PDF/A File with some online validator tools we got as the result that the File is not a valid PDF/A File.

The LOG File from Aspose, after creating PDF/A looks like:

Copyright (c) 2001-2012 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
24.08.2015 16:29:25

The key 'EmbeddedFiles' is prohibited for PDF object Names

Document information entry 'Creator' not synchronized with metadata property 'xmp:CreatorTool'
Document information entry 'CreationDate' not synchronized with metadata property 'xmp:CreateDate'
Required property 'pdfaid:part' for schema 'pdfaid' missing
Required property 'pdfaid:conformance' for schema 'pdfaid' missing

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Why this error occours ?

How to create PDF/A Files without validation errors ?

Thx.

Arpad

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” /><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" stroked=“f” filled=“f” path=“m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” o:preferrelative=“t” o:spt=“75” coordsize=“21600,21600”>
<v:stroke joinstyle=“miter”>
<v:formulas>
<v:f eqn=“if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0”>
<v:f eqn=“sum @0 1 0”>
<v:f eqn=“sum 0 0 @1”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @2 1 2”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelWidth”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelHeight”>
<v:f eqn=“sum @0 0 1”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @6 1 2”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelWidth”>
<v:f eqn=“sum @8 21600 0”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelHeight”>
<v:f eqn=“sum @10 21600 0”>
</v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:formulas>
<v:path o:connecttype=“rect” gradientshapeok=“t” o:extrusionok=“f”>
<o:lock aspectratio=“t” v:ext=“edit”>
</o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape style=“width: 473.4pt; height: 179.4pt;” id=“Grafik_x0020_1” type="#_x0000_t75" alt=“cid:image003.png@01D0DE8D.9C8DFB50” o:spid="_x0000_i1025">
<v:imagedata src=“file:///C:\Users\garh\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png” o:href=“cid:image001.png@01D0DF59.E33D1960”>
</v:imagedata></v:shape><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" stroked=“f” filled=“f” path=“m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” o:preferrelative=“t” o:spt=“75” coordsize=“21600,21600”>
<v:stroke joinstyle=“miter”>
<v:formulas>
<v:f eqn=“if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0”>
<v:f eqn=“sum @0 1 0”>
<v:f eqn=“sum 0 0 @1”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @2 1 2”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelWidth”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelHeight”>
<v:f eqn=“sum @0 0 1”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @6 1 2”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelWidth”>
<v:f eqn=“sum @8 21600 0”>
<v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelHeight”>
<v:f eqn=“sum @10 21600 0”>
</v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:formulas>
<v:path o:connecttype=“rect” gradientshapeok=“t” o:extrusionok=“f”>
<o:lock aspectratio=“t” v:ext=“edit”>
</o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape style=“width: 473.4pt; height: 179.4pt;” id=“Grafik_x0020_1” type="#_x0000_t75" alt=“cid:image003.png@01D0DE8D.9C8DFB50” o:spid="_x0000_i1025">
<v:imagedata src=“file:///C:\Users\garh\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png” o:href=“cid:image001.png@01D0DF59.E33D1960”>
</v:imagedata></v:shape>

Hi Arpad,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the resource file so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

can you tell me what do you exactly mean with resouce file ?

The PDF/A File, the original PDF File, the service (binary/sourcecode) we are suing to conver PDF -> PDF/A ?

Arpad

Hi Arpad,

Thanks for your inquiry. We mean by resource files your input PDF document and resultant PDFA document, so we will test it at our end and will provide you information accordingly.

Best Regards,

Here it is...

*_converted.pdf is the PDF/A Version

Arpad

Hi Arpad,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I have tested the scenario of PDF to PDF/A_1b and as per my observations, the resultant file is PDF/A_1b compliant. During my testing with Adobe Acrobat pre-flight tool, I am able to notice that PDF compliance check is properly being passed.

For your reference, I have attached the output PDF generated over my end. Furthermore as per my observations, you are using third party tool for PDF/A compliance verification but our output is based PDF specifications from Adobe so please try using Adobe Acrobat for PDF/A compliance verification.

[C#]

Document _pdfdocument = new Document(“c:/pdftest/EUHAWE3150000001.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

_pdfdocument.Convert("c:/pdftest/conversionlog.txt", PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

_pdfdocument.Save("c:/pdftest/EUHAWE3150000001_PDF_A1b.pdf");

PS, all third party tools have their own specifications, so its quite difficult to support all of their standards.

Hi,

Unfurtunately this is a unsatisfaction answer for us. We need for some of this Files to convert them to PDF/A-3b Format ( PDF with embeded XML) and send them to our external customers. If they would check the PDF/A-3b with whatever tool (except the Adobe Pre-flight) they would get a warning that this is not a valid PDF/A-3b file, right ? What we can say to our customers ?

Does the Aspose.PDF for .NET has also capabililty to convert PDF/A to PDF/A-3b ?

Arpad

P.S. I didn't find the attached PDF/A mentioned in the last asnwer.

Hi Arpad,

Thanks for providing additional information for your requirement. Yes, Please note Aspose.Pdf supports PDFA3b conversion as well with other PDFA standards. I have converted your shared PDFA1b document to PDFA3b with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.7.0 and verified compliance using Adobe Acrobat Preflight tool. Please check documentation link for PDF to PDFA conversion and code snippet, it will help you to accomplish the task.

string inFile = “EUHAWE3150000001.pdf_converted.pdf”;<o:p></o:p>

string outFile = "PDFtoPDFA3boutput.pdf";

Document doc = new Document(inFile);

doc.Convert(new MemoryStream(), PdfFormat.PDF_A_3B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

doc.Save(outFile);

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Strange, I am Also facing Same Issue and not able to get proper support from Aspose. I am using Aspose.PDF and have added same 3 lines tp Cpnvert and save PDF. I am not using any Third Party for Validation, still i am getting Error “Document information entry ‘CreationDate’ not synchronized with metadata property ‘xmp:CreateDate’” from Aspose.

Really Weired. Also note I cannnot share my PDF as its strictly Prohibited to share such info. Aspose should be able to tell us clearly what this error is repalted to , Why it comes and how we can resolve it . Just Sharing Doc cant solve issue all the time. Right ??

atleast if we know that it is related to Which Metadata, from where it is Picking up . with what it is cross verifying, then we can resolve it at our end too.

@GayatriNaik

We have responded to your similar inquiry in the other thread. You can please follow up there.