PDF Bookmarks Generating in Wrong Order

Hi

I am using Aspose PDF 9.7, using the XML method. I’m also using Visual Studio 2010, and .NET 4.0.

I have discovered a problem that occurs when using the IsBookmarked attribute of the root Pdf element in the XML method.
If you have a section with several different level headings (1, 2, & 3 in the sample provided), and then a subsequent section has levels 1 and 3, but no level 2 headings, the level 3 heading appears under the level 2 heading from the first section in the bookmarks.

I have attached a sample XML file, and a screen capture (with notes) showing what I’m seeing.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. While testing the scenario with your shared document, we have managed to reproduce the issue with latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.7.0. We have logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-37720 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi

Could you please provide an update as to the progress of this issue? It has been more than 6 months since I originally raised it.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the reported issue is still not resolved, It is pending for investigation due to other issues already under investigation/resolution. However we have requested our product team to investigate and share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we get a feedback.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your patience. We have investigated the issue and would like to update you that it is not a bug. The root of problem is that you are including header of level 3 immediately in header of level 1. It is impossible neither in our Generator nor in PDF format itself. It’s necessary to nest headers of level 3 into header of level 2. Current implementation just finds for header of level 3 nearest existing header of level 2 (unfortunately it pertains to previous header of level 1).

To solve the problem we need either add some header of level 2 into 3-d branch before header of level 3(please look at XML and result PDF in ‘37720_added_dditional_header_of_level_2.zip’), or mark last header as header of level 2 instead of header of level 3 (please find XML and result PDF in 37720_last_header_of_level_3_became_header_of_level_2.zip).

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,