We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Pdf conversion is overlaping border and text in Cell

Aspose cell version 7.4.1.0 Framework version 4.0

I'm importing from a csv file using the Cells.ImportCSV() function. The csv input encondig is "iso-8859-1" and I'm converting to utf-8.

I apply some format on the sheet and use the AutoFitColum and AutoFitRow, also set the isTextWrapped property to true for those cells.

When application runs in local machine (windows xp) I got the expected result. Pdf has no overlap, however when I deploy the dlls in server (Windows server 2008 R2) I got a PDF with overlap and quite different from local enviroment. Check Attachments

Regional Configuration is equal in both machines, What I'm missing here??

Hi,


Well, the issue might be due to missing fonts. Please make sure, you have all the fonts installed on your server which are present on your local machine.

Also we recommend you to kindly try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.2.3

I have installed all fonts in server, and update the dlls I’m still having same problem.

I also create a console application extracting code from the WS, and run it in the server, I got the expected result. However still having the problem when I run it in the WS :frowning:

Hi,


Well, that’s really strange that it works fine even in a separate console application but not on your server. Could also try to manually specify the fonts using the APIs on your Server folder(where all the fonts are installed fine) if it makes any difference:

Sample code:
E.g

CellsHelper.FontDir = @“C:\Windows\Fonts”;
Workbook book = new Workbook(@“E:\test2\Book1.xlsx”);
PdfSaveOptions pso = new PdfSaveOptions();
//pso.DefaultFont = “Arial”;
book.Save(@“E:\test2\outtestBook.pdf”, pso);

Thank you.

Hi

I did the test, unfortunately it didn't work, I aso try to use different fonts. I'm getting the same problem :(. Any other ideas that I can try?

Hi,

We think your issue is related to the default workbook fonts, the fonts do exist in Windows XP, but not in Windows Server 2008, so you got this text wrapping issue.
Could you double check it and make sure that you have all the fonts installed properly on your Server. Moreover, please make sure that you have sufficient rights to access the fonts directory on the server via your program otherwise such issue might occur as well.

Also, are you using some service program on the Server. It is also possible that your console program has the rights, but the service does not have sufficient rights. Actually, we need the fonts to get column widths and row heights. If the issue still exists, kindly provide a sample project to simulate the issue on our end and so we can investigate further.

Thank you.

Hi

I have add the solution with the code that I'm using in the server, I checked the user set up in the IIS Application pool and it's in administrator groups, also I double checked fonts, I added the missing ones however nothing has change. Can you please check the code and help me to find the solution?

Hi,


Thanks for the sample project.

Well, I have tested your service based project (wcf application) and could not find the issue in the output PDF on my Windows 7/8 system. We need to test your issue on Windows server 2008 R2 if we could find this issue as per your screen shot in your first post.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41559” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Amajad Any news about the ticket CELLSNET-41559, I’m still having the problem.

Hi,


I am afraid, your issue is still under process. I have asked the relevant developer to update on it, we will update or give details immediately here once we have any.

By the way, could you download and try with our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.3 if it sorts it out as we have made some more enhancements regarding formattings in the PDF rendering module.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.


Please try the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.2.2
it should fix your issue. Let us know your feedback.

If it is still not OK,
please share us the generated pdf with problem.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan