PDF Conversion Moves an Image out of Place

I have a Word document that I’m trying to convert to a pdf and it seems to be having an issue with the position of an image.

In the files attached, have a look at the “Investors in People” logos in the footer. They are fine in the word doc, but when I save the same document as pdf they move up out of place.

Please can you advise if there is a workaround for this.

Thanks,

Ben.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I managed to reproduce the issue on my side. This bug has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will keep you informed of any developments regarding this issue by a post in this thread.

In the mean time the reason this is happening is because DOC format does not allow a shape with "Layout in Table Cell" enabled in a table inside the footer. This limitation is not present in DOCX format etc. This seems to confuse the layout engine during rendering making the picture move outside the footer region.

I have e-mailed a refactored template which renders properly.

Thanks,

The reason for Aspose.Words to render incorrectly is that your image has the Layout In Table Cell option set in its positioning properties and Aspose.Words does not support that yet. This is a pretty rarely used option and we have not implemented it yet.

If you can modify the document in MS Word, then you can workaround. I see Adam has already emailed you a modified template. I also tried and succeeded in my test. Basically I had to go into the image properties and switch it to Inline with Text positioning. The image then was displayed incorrectly in MS Word (a glitch in MS Word I believe!). So I created a new empty document and copied the table from the footer into the new document footer and there the table was displayed okay. Then I copied the rest of the text over and that document was rendered by Aspose.Words okay.

I hope this workaround is acceptable for you because I cannot promise implementation of the Layout in Table Cell feature yet.

OK, thanks. I’ve got the workaround working now so don’t need the fix.

Thanks for the prompt response.

A post was split to a new topic: Retain Image’s Position during Word to PDF Conversion

A post was split to a new topic: Image position is distorted after converting to PDF