PDF Conversion problems - Aspose.Words

Hi team,

Could you clarify please what is the status of WORDSNET-7135?

Thanks.

@volochaeva,

WORDSNET-7135 was closed as ‘Not a Bug’ in Aspose.Words; instead, it was more like a bug of Preview app.

Please ZIP and upload your input Word document and Aspose.Words generated PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate your particulat issue on our end and provide you more information.

aspose.word-fonts_issue.zip (131.1 KB)
Hi,

Thank you for a quick answer.

Please see the attached archive. The problem is the following: if we are trying to print pdf from this archive via Mac OS Preview or Chrome on Mac machine, we get the blank page. The problem occurs on Mac machine only with OpenType fonts and does not occur with TrueType fonts.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

@volochaeva,

You are using a very old version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 15.12.0 on your end. We suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 18.10 and see how it goes on your end? Hope, this helps.

Also, we have converted “test.docx” to PDF (msw-2016.pdf (36.9 KB)) by using MS Word 2016 and Aspose.Words for .NET 18.10 (18.10.pdf (23.1 KB)) on Windows 10 machine. Please try printing these MS Word and Aspose.Words generated PDF files on your Mac machine and share the printed PDF files here for further testing.

Here is the result:

1. msw-2016.pdf is printed correctly (i.e all symbols are printed): see the screenshot - msw-2016_result.jpg
  2. 18.10.pdf is printed incorrectly (i.e the printed file is empty): see the screenshot - 18.10_result.jpg

We’ve checked the result on High Siera 10.13.5

Thank you.
18.10_result.jpg (6.8 KB)
msw-2016_result.jpg (53.5 KB)

@volochaeva,

You have shared the screenshots of printed files. But, please also share the actual printed PDF files here for further testing.

Hi,

Please see printed files in the archive. We also added postscript files to the archive, maybe it’ll be helpful information.

Thank you.
printed_files.zip (398.1 KB)

@volochaeva,

Thanks for the details. For the sake of any correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17636. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Ok, thank you.

@volochaeva,

Regarding WORDSNET-17636, we have completed the work on your issue and concluded to close this issue as Not a Bug. Please see the following analysis details:

We found that Acrobat Reader and Foxit Reader both print Aspose.Words generated output fine on Mac OS on our end. Also, in this case,it is not correct to compare Aspose.Words and MS Word generated PDF outputs. MS Word does not use OpenType font in the output but rasterizes the text to the image.