PDF conversion with tables does not work correct

The latest version of Aspose 14.9 does not convert PDF with tables correct. Customer made a form with tables and filled them with text. The text is correct displayed in the Word document, where text is correct displayed in a row, while in the PDF document the text recoils. Customer likes to receive a correction for this behavior, where the text in the PDF document also is displayed in a row. An attachment to this document is made, called 568501_Aspose.zip.

Hi Johan,

Thanks for contacting support.

It appears that you are trying to convert MS Word file to PDF format and encountering issues. Also I am unable to find resource files with earlier post. Can you please share some further details and upload the resource files. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello,

We’ve contacted the customer again and request additional information. Customer did tell us they’ve sent us information together with their call, but we never received it. Hopefully they will send it again, so we’re able to supply you with this information.

Kind regards,

Rob van der Winkel
Unisys servicedesk

Hello again,

Please find two documents as examples attached. The customer did send us these two. Please let us know or they are suitable for you to progress this problem further.

kind regards

Rob van der Winkel
Unisys servicedesk

Hi Rob van der Winkel,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

The query appears to be related to Aspose.Words, so I am moving it to Aspose.Words forum and my fellow workers from respective team will further look into this matter and will reply accordingly.

Hi Rob van der Winkel,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). You need to install fonts on the machine where you’re converting documents to Pdf. Please refer to the following articles:

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts
How to Specify True Type Fonts Location
How to Receive Notification of Missing Fonts and Font Substitution during Rendering

Unfortunately, we have not found the shared issue in attached pdf (pdfrenditie.pdf). Could you please share some more detail about your issue along with screenshots of problematic section of output Pdf?

Please embed the fonts inside your input document and share it here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information. To embed a TrueType font in a saved document in Microsoft Office Word 2013, follow these steps:

• First, select the File option from the Word ribbon at the top of the screen.
  • From the options bar on the left-hand side, choose Options.
  • A Word Options window will come up. Select the Save option from the banner on the left-hand side.
  • Under Preserve fidelity when sharing this document select the check box next to Embed fonts in the file. Then click OK.

Hello Tahir,

We’ve received additional information from the customer, due to the fact that they have explained that this issue is not related to incorrect installed truetype fonts.

The text in the table is correct orderedd in the original document. Please see the Word document where it is displayed like:

Inkomen actueel
22.222,00 AOW beiden
222,00 Op ABP

Where the text in the table in the PDF file is displayed as follow:

Inkomen actueel
AOW beiden
222,00 OP ABP

This is what the customer likes to have corrected, in other words the Word and PDF document should be displayed equal.

Kind regards,

Rob van der Winkel
Unisys servicedesk

Hi Rob van der Winkel,

Thanks for your inquiry. MS Word 2013 shows the shared contents similar to output Pdf. See the attached image for detail.

Please embed the fonts inside your input document and share it here for further testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information. To embed a TrueType font in a saved document in Microsoft Office Word 2013, follow these steps:

• First, select the File option from the Word ribbon at the top of the screen.
  • From the options bar on the left-hand side, choose Options.
  • A Word Options window will come up. Select the Save option from the banner on the left-hand side.
  • Under Preserve fidelity when sharing this document select the check box next to Embed fonts in the file. Then click OK.

Hello,

I’m stepping in for Rob van der Winkel, who is currently on holidays.

Customer replied to the previous post, stating they have tested again and send us attacments from 3 examples (each with 1 Word + 1 PDF document).

Could you pls look into this, customer wants to know what will be the next step.

Regards,

Ewald Quint on behalve on Rob van der Winkel.

Hi Ewald,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check the attached screenshot of input document. Aspose.Words renders the cell’s text in Pdf same as shown in Word document. We have attached the output Pdf files with this post for your kind reference.

Could you please share following detail here for further investigation?

• Please share the screenshot of cell’s text of your input Word document.
  • Please save the document to Pdf using MS Word and share that Pdf.
  • Please check the attached Pdf files and share the screenshots of problematic text.
  • Please share MS Word version which you using at your end.

Hi Tahir,

I may have misinterpreted the end-user’s input when I sent you my post yesterday. Sorry about that. Today I asked again and end-user now states that in reaction to your previous post of 6-14-2016@9:42:
With the suggested setting in Word it works. End-user is now wondering what will be the next step, i.e how can he configure / set this as standard in Word (=standard as in “have it readily available in Word at start-up, without any manual interaction”).

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Ewald

Hi Ewald,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). You need to install fonts on the machine where you’re converting documents to Pdf. Please refer to the following articles:

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts
How to Receive Notification of Missing Fonts and Font Substitution during Rendering

Unisys-NL:
End-user is now wondering what will be the next step, i.e how can he configure / set this as standard in Word (=standard as in “have it readily available in Word at start-up, without any manual interaction”).

You just need to add reference of Aspose.Words in your application and perform a great range of document processing tasks. With Aspose.Words you can generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®.

Could you please share some more detail about your query and requirements? We will then provide you more information about this.