PDF created from excel causes error in Adobe Acrobat Reader

Hi,

we are taking an excel file and saving it as PDF. If we open the generated pdf file in Adobe Acrobat Reader, we get an error:
An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly.
Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem.

What is interesting is, that if we open the pdf in the browser Chrome directly no error occurs.

This is the generated pdf file:
Chart.pdf (44.8 KB)

You can also find the solution to reproduce the problematic pdf file here:

What is causing this error in Acrobat reader and how can we prevent it?

@devtools.edentity.at,

Thanks for the sample project with template file.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned using your sample code with your template file. I found that PDF file created from Excel file by Aspose.Cells causes error in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45708” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. We have noticed another issue that might be related to this one.

I have again created a sample project: https://secure-transfer.edentity.at/public/2f12df
This project will also convert an excel file to pdf. If you open the generated pdf, the legend of the chart (top right of the first page) is missing, but in excel it is there.

As we are also getting the error when opening the file in Adobe Acrobate Reader, it might be related to the other problem I reported before. Could you please check that?

Thanks!

@devtools.edentity.at,

Thanks for the sample project with template file.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned using your sample code with your template file. I found that the legend of the chart (top right of the first page) is missing. Also, PDF file created from Excel file by Aspose.Cells causes error in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I have logged a separate ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45712” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Hi,

thanks for checking the issues quickly. Do you have any estimation when a bugfix will be available?
We have to deliver a new version of our product soon and need these fixes for it.

@devtools.edentity.at,

I am afraid, your issues are not resolved yet. I have logged your concerns against your issues and asked the relevant developer from product team to update on your issues or provide an ETA (if possible).

Once we have any new information for any of your logged issues, we will share it with you.

Hi,
are there any updates on the status of the two open tickets?
We need these changes very urgently this week because otherwise we are not able to deliver a new version of our software that depends on Aspose.Cells by next week.
Could you please give me an update on when the fixes are available? Thanks.

@devtools.edentity.at,

We could not analyze your issue due to other priority tasks and issues (on hand). Hopefully we will evaluate your issues in this week.

Once we have any new information to be shared, we will let you know here.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,
thanks for the quick reply. Would it increase the priority of our tickets and speed up the process, if we got paid support?
And how sure can we be then that after the analysis we will get a fix for these issues?
We really need the fixes for these issues, so we would like to know if paid support would guarantee us faster help here.

@devtools.edentity.at,

Yes, using paid support increases the priority (for evaluation) of the ticket(s) although there is no guarantee if an issue would be resolved or not.

I have also asked the relevant developer from product team to evaluate your issues as soon as possible (if appropriate). Hopefully, you will get some updates (for your issues) before the end of this week or so.

@devtools.edentity.at,

We are pleased to inform you that we have fixed your issues on priority basis. We will soon provide you the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Once the fix is available for public use, we will share the Download link here.

@devtools.edentity.at,

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.10.3:

Your both issues should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45708;CELLSNET-45712) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.11 update.

Please also check the following article: