Pdf created with Aspose pdf kit on iPad (Bookmarks)

Its easy to create bookmarks assigned to a specific page number. With the Adobe Reader on Windows, Mac and Linux this works quite well, that means click on the bookmark jumps to the bookmarked page.

The Adobe - Reader on Ipad shows a diiferent behavioer, the bookmarks will be dieplayed, but nothing happens on a click.

I tested the reader with other bookmarked documents and they worked as escpected, so there must be a difference between bookmarks, set with aspose. Is there any solution or setting, I may have overseen?

best regards

Arne

Hi Arne,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same issue that Bookmarks in PDF documents generated with Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java are not working over iOS devices. For the sake of correction, I have logged this issue as PDFKITJAVA-33245 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

is there any real chance to get this bug fixed within the next few weeks?

Unfortunatly the created pdfs would not fully work on the main target (iPad) and we do not know how to explain to this fact our customers.

best regards

Arne

Hi Arne,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has been busy resolving other priority issues and I am afraid the above specified issues is not yet resolved. Nevertheless, I have requested the team to share the ETA. As soon as I have some updates, I would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi Arne,

Thanks for your patience.

I have further discussed with development team and as per our current estimates, we plan to get this issue resolved by May-2013 (but still its not a promise). Nevertheless, we are trying our level best to get this problem fixed ASAP. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.