PDF data (signature/image) missing in converted TIF

I currently have an application that converts a PDF to TIF using your Aspose PDF .NET. It’s been working great, but today I was informed that some PDFs are missing data in the resulting TIF images. My application is currently using an older version of Aspose PDF (v7.0.0.0), but I have tried converting with your latest trial version and have the same issue.

I’ve attached the PDF that I’m having an issue with to this post. At the bottom are two signatures. When I convert this PDF to a TIF, the top signature is missing in the resulting TIF! Why is this? Here is my code:

public void ConvertPDFtoTIF(string filename, int resolution = 300)
{
try
{
//create Resolution object
Resolution res = new Resolution(resolution);
            <span style="color:#2b91af;">PdfConverter</span> pdfConverter = <span style="color:blue;">new</span> <span style="color:#2b91af;">PdfConverter</span>();
            pdfConverter.Resolution = <span style="color:blue;">new</span> <span style="color:#2b91af;">Resolution</span>(resolution);
            pdfConverter.BindPdf(filename);
            pdfConverter.DoConvert();

<span style="color:green;">//create TiffSettings object and set ColorDepth</span>
            <span style="color:#2b91af;">TiffSettings</span> tiffSetting = <span style="color:blue;">new</span> <span style="color:#2b91af;">TiffSettings</span>();
            tiffSetting.Depth = <span style="color:#2b91af;">ColorDepth</span>.Format1bpp;
            tiffSetting.Compression = <span style="color:#2b91af;">CompressionType</span>.CCITT4;

<span style="color:#2b91af;">FileInfo</span> fi = <span style="color:blue;">new</span> <span style="color:#2b91af;">FileInfo</span>(filename);
            <span style="color:blue;">string</span> tempfile = fi.DirectoryName + <span style="color:#a31515;">"\\output.tif"</span>;

<span style="color:green;">//convert to TIFF image</span>
            pdfConverter.SaveAsTIFF(tempfile, tiffSetting);
            pdfConverter.Close();</pre>Am I missing something here to retain this signature/image?  I don't believe it's a field or secured in any way.  Thank you for your time.<br><br>Kindest Regards,<br><br>Nelson<br>

Hi Nelson,

Thanks
for using our products.<o:p></o:p>

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-35161. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello, I see PDF.NET v8.0.0 has been released and yet this fix does NOT appear to be implemented. This issue is a real hindrance to us wanting to purchase and use your suite of tools. I would have hoped it was something serious enough to have been in this latest update. Do you know the status of this PDFNEWNET-3561 ticket or if it’s just a simple coding setting that I need to make to have it convert these signatures in the PDF document? Thank you very much.

Nelson

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for your patience. I’ve checked the status of the ticket attached with your request. I’m
afraid the ticket is still pending for analysis and is in the queue with other
priority tasks. However, I’ve requested the development team to share an ETA at their earliest. I’ll notify you via this forum thread as as soon
as I receive any feedback.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

Any update on this ticket please?

Thank you,
Nelson

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for your inquiry. We’ve a good news for you, your a above reported issue has been resolved and fix will be available in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.2. Currently we are in process of testing the realse and hopefully it will be published in coming week. However we will update you as soon as its published and gets available for download.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-35161) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.