PDF-> DOCX superscript issue

Hi,

We are seeing an issue with PDF to DOCX conversion when the pdf has superscript in. Many of our documents have mathematical formula in such as x to the power y. The conversion seems to thing the superscript power of functions are some sort of reference and ends up duplicating the content. Quite hard to explain but please see the attached zip which contains a source pdf and created docx that illustrate the problem.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Kind regards, Ed

GraphOfEquationsExample.zip (833.7 KB)

@brotheredward,

We have tested your source PDF document with the latest version 18.4.1 of Aspose.PDF for .NET API and the output Word document looks fine. This is the output DOCX: Result.zip (260.5 KB). Please download and try the latest version 18.4 1 of Aspose.PDF for .NET API.

Where are the release notes for 18.4.1?

hi @imran.rafique We are using Aspose for Java and also we are using flow mode not the default textbox mode. Please can you re-run with that and let me know

@brotheredward,

We managed to replicate the problem of displaced text items, including superscript text in our environment. It has been logged under the ticket ID PDFJAVA-37648 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

@imran.rafique thanks for confirming, please may i ask, is this an issue with flow mode or with the java library. I.e. will this work in flow mode in .net version. Is the java library more buggy than .net version? Keen to know as we may look to change to the .NET version if more reliable? But if our issues exist in both .net and java in flow mode then we would prefer to stay in Java to limit rework?

Thanks for your help.

@brotheredward,

The problem occurs only with the flow mode and reproducible with the latest versions of Aspose.PDF for .NET and Java APIs. We auto-port Aspose.PDF for Java API from its equivalent .NET version and release both equivalent versions (.NET & Java) with a difference of one or two weeks. If the problem occurs in its Java version, then we first make sure that the issue should not be reproducible with its equivalent .NET version.

Hi,
Any update on this, i can see the issue says Status : Feedback, what does that mean ?

Thanks, Ed

@brotheredward,

The status of a linked ticket ID PDFJAVA-37648 is feedback because it is dependent on an internal ticket Id. It is not resolved yet, and we will notify you once it is fixed.