PDF Edit and Save

I have a requirement to show PDF file in any Internet browser with editable mode and allow the user to save the PDF file (in database) with changed data. Will this API supports the mentioned feature in java?

Hi,

If you have already created the pdf then you don't need a library to store it in the database. However if you are looking to create a pdf on the fly then you can use Aspose.Pdf.

Thanks.

Thanks for your immediate response.
Actual scope of PDF file is to open in a browser, allow user to make few data changes and save the modified PDF file in remote system (either File System or database). In this case user may keep a copy in local machine, but internally system has to version the changes everytime when user modifies the PDF file. The persisted version of pdf files from the remote location also published to the users for periodic changes...then the workflow starts from line 1 again...

Hi,

Again, I would say the same thing. Aspose.Pdf is used to create PDF and Aspose.Pdf.Kit is used to manipulate existing PDF. In your case the only thing is to store PDF document in the database and for that you can use Java libraries to store PDF's in the database.

Thanks.

Thanks. But, how can i capture the PDF with the user entered data? In my case user edit the PDF document online (through Browser)

Hi,

What you are asking for is not possible. Please consult http://www.tgreer.com/pdfSubmit.html

The only way to do this is to allow the client to download the pdf then fill it and save it. Then you can provide a webpage which will allow the user to upload the pdf file.

Thanks.