PDF Editor - Formatting Issues

We are considering customizing/using the demo “PDF Editor Online” code in our application to allow users to view/edit/save PDF files through our ASP.net web product. Looking at the demo source code we downloaded and also your online demo there appears to be some serious formatting issues when displaying certain PDF files that contain editible fields.

My question is - is there anything you/we can do to resolve these formatting issues? Again, not all PDF files we’ve tested have the formatting issues, but many do.

Your PDF Editor Online Demo URL:
https://products.aspose.app/pdf/editor

Screen shot of formatting issues (we’ve tried Chrome & Edge - same issues) and source PDF file are attached.
AsposePdfEditorFormattingIssues.jpg (268.3 KB)
wc2.pdf (293.4 KB)

@jchan71

We would like to share with you that our online PDF Editor Demo is a representation of the features offered by the API. It basically converts PDF into an image and display in a canvas. Aspose.PDF does not offer any tool or control to view PDF or edit it. You can use it in code behind to perform these operations.

Furthermore, please check GroupDocs.Viewer (one of our ventures) that offers the feature to view the documents in your application.

Regarding PDF to image conversion, we tested the scenario in our environment using Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.7 and were unable to notice any issue. Please check attached output image.

637300215017266340.png (755.9 KB)

Thanks for your quick response. The image output you attached does look good with none of the formatting issues that we experienced. Follow up questions for you:

1. When you tested the scenario in your environment using Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.7. Did you test it through some version of the PDF Editor Demo? Did you view the uploaded PDF file in it via a browser?

2. Where might I find the latest source code for the PDF Editor Demo so I can see if the formatting issues I have been experiencing might be resolved by the latest code? I understand that the PDF Editor Demo is merely a front-end demo to show the capabilities of your Aspose.PDF API’s. We are already an Aspose customer and would really like to be able to take your PDF Editor Demo source code and customize it to use in our ASP dot net web front-end in order to display a PDF file (created by our use of your APIs) in a web form and allow the user to manually edit it and then save it.

I appreciate your assistance. Have a great day!

@jchan71

Thanks for getting back to us.

Yes, we did check it with our online PDF Editor and also noticed the similar anomalies that you have mentioned in your first post.

Please note that Aspose online apps implement different Aspose products in the backend. This means Online PDF Editor represents features offered by both Aspose and GroupDocs collectively. As far as the source code behind it and version of the APIs used in code-behind is concerned, you may please post your inquiry in aspose.app forums where you will be assisted accordingly and your concerns will be addressed respectively.

Just to reiterate what we are trying to accompish:

We are already an Aspose customer and would really like to be able to take your PDF Editor Demo source code and customize it to use in our ASP dot net web front-end in order to display a PDF file (created by our use of your Aspose.PDF APIs) in a web form and allow the user to manually edit it and then save it. If we could get around the formatting issues we would like to be able to use your your PDF Editor Demo.

They key thing that I think you are missing here is that we need to view AND edit a PDF file in the web. You suggestion to check out your product GroupDocs.Viewer is not helpful as that products seems to be for viewing only. We need to be able to edit the PDF (allowing the user to enter or change the values in the editible PDF fields) and then save it.

Is there some product or solution that Aspose can recommend we try/purchase to use in our ASP.net web front-end in order to display a PDF file (created by our use of your APIs) in a web form and allow the user to manually edit it and then save it.?

Thanks for your assistance

@jchan71

Thanks for elaborating further.

Regretfully, we do not offer any product in order to achieve the viewing and editing of PDF files in a web or desktop application solely. However, you can please try to display an HTML form in your web application to allow users to fill it and convert it into PDF in order to save the filled information by using HTML to PDF conversion feature of Aspose.PDF.

We would also like to share with you that our online apps (e.g. Online PDF Editor) are one of our ventures and we have a dedicated forum to handle related inquiries and address concerns of our customers. So anything related to source code of apps or issues should be posted there so that respective feedback can be obtained.

Please let us know in case we miss something in your requirements or provided information is not enough.

Perfect. Could you please provide me a link to this dedicated forum where I can post my questions, etc on the Online PDF Editor. Thanks for your assistance.

@jchan71

We already have shared the forum URL with you. Its Aspose.PDF App Product Family - Free Support Forum - aspose.app.