PDF: exporting big embedded video causes hanging... never extracts!

hi

seems extracting quite big video (450mo) not working or taking huge time to succeed (not observed !)
whereas works with 18mo video.

win11/.net 4.8/aspose.pdf 23.3.0

pdf:

code:
Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(pdf);
var fileSpec = embedded_vid_files[0];
using (FileStream outputFileStream = new FileStream(vid_path, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write, FileShare.Read))
{
fileSpec.StreamContents.CopyTo(outputFileStream);
}

can you help please ?

thanks.

@pcaillol,

I am still testing this, but due to how this works, this test will take more time. Just letting you know I am working on it.

thank you !cheers

@pcaillol,

It took a while but it actually finished:

Basically you will need to wait for the file to be saved on your storage. It is not a bug. The biggeest the file, the longest it will take.

This is the code I used:

private void Logic()
{
    Document doc = new Document($"{PartialPath}_input.pdf");

Console.WriteLine("Starting...");
    using (FileStream outputFileStream = new FileStream($"{PartialPath}_output.mp4", FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write, FileShare.Read))
    {
        var file1 = doc.EmbeddedFiles[1];
        file1.StreamContents.CopyTo(outputFileStream);
    }
    Console.WriteLine("Finished...");
    Console.ReadKey();
}

hi

Thanks for reply. WOW more than an hour for extracting 450Mo…impressive.

Any way to speed up a lot ?

Thanks.

@pcaillol,

Sadly I do not know a way to speed up the process.

hi

Could you please dig further informations close to dev team about a way to speed up the process because this is absolutely critical, do you understand ?

thanks

@pcaillol,

I can create a task instead of a bug, but that will not be a priority at all. Just letting you know. Also, you can try creating an app embedding a 450 MB file and then download it using the same method. It will take some time to do that too. Just letting you know.

@pcaillol
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-54074

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Wow hi this is great news ! :slight_smile:

thank you so much.

good weekend