PDF Files Created with Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.4: The Font Contains Bad Widths

I’m seeing font bad width errors in Adobe Acrobat Reader x64 when opening a PDF created using v23.4 version of Aspose.Slides. The error message displayed is: The font FAAABF+ TimesNewRomanPSMT contains bad/Widths. Here is the same code I used.

// RENDERED PDF FILE WILL DISPLAY THE FOLLOWING ERROR IN ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC (64BIT, VERSION 2023.001.20143)
// The font ‘FAAABF+ TimesNewRomanPSMT’ contains bad/Widths.’
// Aspose.Slides v23.4

string LICENSE_FILE = "Aspose.Total.lic";
            string SrcFile = @"C:\DevSamples\WI_49051_CorruptFiles\bad_fonts.pptx";
            string DstFile = @"C:\DevSamples\WI_49051_CorruptFiles\bad_fonts.pdf";

Aspose.Slides.License license = new Aspose.Slides.License();
            license.SetLicense(LICENSE_FILE);

using (Aspose.Slides.Presentation oPres = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(SrcFile))
            {
                oPres.Save(DstFile, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);
            }

I have a sample file that I can upload to reproduce the issue.

@tmactop, please upload sample files.

How do I upload the files? I do not see an option.

Victor,

I could not find a place to upload files so I’m including them here. The PPTX is the sample file that creates the PDF with bad fonts.

Tim.

(Attachment bad_fonts.pptx is missing)

bad_fonts.pdf (40.8 KB)

Victor,

Here is a zip containing the pptx source file and the PDF generated with Aspose.Slides.

Tim.

bad_fonts.zip (91.2 KB)

@tmactop,

Thank you for the provided files. We have reproduced the issue and created the SLIDESNET-43984 task to resolve it. We will notify you when the task is resolved.

@tmactop
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-43984

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.