PDF form fields content disappear after resize Aspose.PDF

Hello,

After resize a PDF document that has content in fields, the content disappear (I used the latest Adobe Reader to open the PDFs). This is the code I’m using:

string PAGE_RESIZE = "98";

PdfFileEditor fileEditor = new PdfFileEditor();

Document pdfDocument;

using (Stream stream = new MemoryStream(fileContent))
{
//open document
pdfDocument = new Document(stream);

double resize = 100;

if (double.TryParse(PAGE_RESIZE, out resize) && resize < 100)
{
double resizeBottom = 100 - resize;

//Specify Parameter to be used for resizing
PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeParameters parameters = new PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeParameters(
null,
PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeValue.Percents(resize),
null,
PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeValue.Percents(0),
null,
PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeValue.Percents(resizeBottom)
);

//Get Pages
var pageArray = Enumerable.Range(1, pdfDocument.Pages.Count).ToArray();

//Resize Pages Contents
fileEditor.ResizeContents(pdfDocument, pageArray, parameters);
}

//save output document
pdfDocument.Save(outputFilePath);

pdfDocument.Dispose();

}

I have attached the original file and the result file.

Can you please help me with this problem?

Thanks

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested your scenario with shared document using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.6.0 and managed to observe the reported issue. For further investigation, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-40877 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Best Regards,

Hello,

Is it possible to give me an estimation of when this problem
can be fixed please?

Also I found that the same code its causing an error when the PDF has comments in it, I think this problem is related with the above one. Can you please check this too?

I attached the original PDF with comment field and the result PDF with error after use the resize code.

Thanks

duvidasAspose:
Is it possible to give me an estimation of when this problem
can be fixed please?
Hi Mario,

Thanks for your patience.

As we recently have noticed earlier reported issue, so its still pending for review and is not yet resolved. However as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

duvidasAspose:
Also I found that the same code its causing an error when the
PDF has comments in it, I think this problem is related with the above one. Can you
please check this too?<o:p></o:p>

I attached the original PDF with comment field and the result PDF with error after use the resize code.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue that an error message appears when viewing resized PDF document. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-41116 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello,

Is it possible to know if any of the two reported problems above were already fixed? If not, do you have an estimation of when they can be fixed?

Thanks

Hi Mario,

I am afraid the earlier reported issues are pending for review and are not yet resolved. However I have intimated the product team to try accommodating them in their development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding their resolution, we will let you know.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hello,

More than six months have passed since the first reported
issue, this problems are causing every day more pending documents on our clients,
and we got now thousands of documents with this conversion problems.

<o:p></o:p>

It’s extremely important to have this two issues solved, or at list have an approximate date of when it will be fixed. Do you have any updates on this two issues please?

Thanks

Hi Mario,

The product team has started investigating earlier reported issues but I am afraid they are not yet resolved. However I have shared your concerns with product team and have requested them to share the possible updates regarding their resolution. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Hello,

Do you have any update on this issues? Or an estimation when a fix will be provided?

Thanks

Hi Mario,

Thanks for you patience.

I have checked the status of the logged issue(s) and I am sorry to share that they are not resolved yet. As shared earlier that the process of resolution regarding your logged issue(s) in in progress and I am sure that product team will soon provide some definite updates about that. Though I have recorded your concerns for the purpose of better follow up. We will certainly let you know once we have some definite updates regarding resolution process.

Best Regards,

Hi, Is there any update. We are seeing a similar problem. When we resize the document, some of the controls such as check boxes disappear

Hi There,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that above logged issues are not resolved yet as development team has been busy in resolving other issues in the queue which were reported prior to those. However, please note that sometimes issue may be related with specific input document and has been resolved for that, so we will really appreciate if you provide us your input document along with code snippet to replicate the scenario. This would help us in investigating the issue accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hello,

My company has been waiting for this issues to be fixed for more then a year and it’s still not solved, will this problems be solved any time soon?
Please give more attention to this issues I reported, this is causing my company big problems.

Thanks

@duvidasAspose

Thanks for contacting support.

We really apologize that your issues have not been resolved yet. There are large number of pending issues (High Priority) in the queue, which were reported previously than your issues and our product team has been busy in resolving them as well as adding new features and enhancements to the API.

However we have raised your concerns with relevant team and escalated things to next level. As soon as we have some news about resolution progress of your issues, we will certainly update you within this forum thread. Your patience and comprehension is highly appreciated in this regard. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-41116) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 24.4.

1 Like