PDF form fields- contents are not formatting (date- money)

I am using Aspose.Pdf 11.0.0 for .NET (from nuget)

I have a simple PDF form that I created with Adobe Pro. It has two form fields:

· “DateField” that was formatted for a date in the format of “m/d/yyyy”

· “MoneyField” that was formatted for a number, 2 decimal places, and a currency symbol ‘$’

I have tried a few approaches (ImportXfdf, and the .FillFiled method) to setting these form fields with Aspose.Pdf … all of which the results are the same … the output is NOT formatted as configured in the PDF.

Attached is a sample project (and PDF) to demonstrate the issue

Hi Tony,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to
notice the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem
as PDFNEWNET-39984 in our issue tracking system. We will
further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the
status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry
for this inconvenience.

What is the status of this? Are there plans to fix this ?

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your reported issue is still pending for analysis yet as currently our product team is busy in resolving other issues in the queue, reported earlier. We will notify you in this thread as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Has there been any progress on this? I’ve also hit this in 11.3. Happy to upgrade to a newer version if I can get some confirmation that it’s fixed.

@jongrant

Thank you for contacting support.

Would you please share source and generated file along with narrowed down code snippet so that we may investigate your scenario and address it accordingly.

The scenario is the same as the above: FillField on a field does not apply that field’s Number formatting. E.g. we fill “123456” and it displays as “123456” and not “123,456” as it is configured in the PDF to do. Editing the value on the generated PDF will apply the formatting correctly.

What is the status of PDFNEWNET-39984?

@jongrant

Please note that PDFNET-39984, formerly PDFNEWNET-39984, is pending for investigations; it was logged for quite older version of the API whereas several changes and improvements have been incorporated since then. Therefore, we need to check if Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.11 reproduces it with your data or not.

Hi,

Is there any progress on this? I’m using Aspose.PDF for .NET v.21.1 and the formats don’t seem to be supported?
In input.pdf there’s a text field formatted as date (MM/YY). It’s the one to the right, named MyDateWithFormatMMYY. In my code I can put any string into this field. Is there any way to access the information about field format?

My code:
var doc = new Document(“D:/input.pdf”);
var forms = doc.Form;
var dateForm = (TextBoxField)forms[2];
dateForm.Value = “Michal”;
doc.Save(“D:/output.pdf”);

Thanks,
Michał

Edit: Removing incorrect files to avoid further confusion. Correct files attached in my post below.

@acturisaspose

When we opened the PDF in Adobe Reader and entered values into the TextBox labeled as “insured for”, we were able to input any value in it. Is it the text box you are talking about? It does not seem like formatted however. Please share your feedback so that we can further proceed to assist you accordingly.

Apologies, those were wrong files.
Please see the attached for the correct ones.
input.pdf (1.2 MB)
output.pdf (1.2 MB)

@acturisaspose

We have noticed the similar issue in our environment that API was not able to fill the DateTimePicker field correctly. Therefore, we have logged an issue as PDFNET-49914 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

PS: We tested using 21.5 version of Aspose.PDF for .NET.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-39984) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.11.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-49914) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.12.