Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Pdf format is not supported on this platform. Use .NET Standard or .NET 4.6.1 version of Aspose.Words for loading Pdf documents

Hi Team,

I am unable to convert a dynamically created PDF file to PNG/JPEG using ASPOSE. Receiving below error.
ERROR:
Pdf format is not supported on this platform. Use .NET Standard or .NET 4.6.1 version of Aspose.Words for loading Pdf documents.

Can anyone please suggest to me a solution to this issue?

@kishorek206,

Most likely the problem occurs because you are trying to convert PDF document to PNG or JPEG Images by using Aspose.Words for Java API. I am afraid, you can currently not load PDF files with Aspose.Words for Java. Your thread has been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSJAVA-2511) and you will be notified here as soon as loading of PDF files will be supported by Aspose.Words for Java. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Hafeez,

I am developing .Net application and we are using proper Aspose dll. Could you please let me know, how do I identify Aspose dll for java or .net application. Please suggest to me, how do I resolve these issues.

@kishorek206,

Please create a new Visual Studio project, set the target framework to 4.6.1 and install latest (21.1) version of Aspose.Words for .NET API from NuGet.

You can also manually add references to DLLs found in the following paths:

• ~/install-directory/net4.6.1/Aspose.Words.dll
  • ~/install-directory/net4.6.1/Aspose.Words.Pdf2Word.dll

The feature of converting PDF to other Image formats is only available when you either use .NET Standard (.NET Core) or .NET Framework 4.6.1.

Secondly, we have a separate package named Aspose.Words for Java (containing JAR files not DLLs) that you may use in your Java projects.