Pdf format is not supported on this platform. Use .NET Standard or .NET 4.6.1 version of Aspose.Words for loading Pdf documents

Hi Team,

I am unable to convert a dynamically created PDF file to PNG/JPEG using ASPOSE. Receiving below error.
ERROR:
Pdf format is not supported on this platform. Use .NET Standard or .NET 4.6.1 version of Aspose.Words for loading Pdf documents.

Can anyone please suggest to me a solution to this issue?

@kishorek206,

Most likely the problem occurs because you are trying to convert PDF document to PNG or JPEG Images by using Aspose.Words for Java API. I am afraid, you can currently not load PDF files with Aspose.Words for Java. Your thread has been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSJAVA-2511) and you will be notified here as soon as loading of PDF files will be supported by Aspose.Words for Java. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Hafeez,

I am developing .Net application and we are using proper Aspose dll. Could you please let me know, how do I identify Aspose dll for java or .net application. Please suggest to me, how do I resolve these issues.

@kishorek206,

Please create a new Visual Studio project, set the target framework to 4.6.1 and install latest (21.1) version of Aspose.Words for .NET API from NuGet.

You can also manually add references to DLLs found in the following paths:

• ~/install-directory/net4.6.1/Aspose.Words.dll
  • ~/install-directory/net4.6.1/Aspose.Words.Pdf2Word.dll

The feature of converting PDF to other Image formats is only available when you either use .NET Standard (.NET Core) or .NET Framework 4.6.1.

Secondly, we have a separate package named Aspose.Words for Java (containing JAR files not DLLs) that you may use in your Java projects.

Hi Hafeez,

I am unable to install the latest version of Aspose words from Nuget as I am getting the below error. Can you please help me to resolve the issue?

Error: An error occurred while retrieving package metadata for ‘DocumentFormat.OpenXml.2.11.3’
from source ‘C:\Users\KURVAK\OneDrive - Pfizer\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\EMDAReport\packages’.

@kishorek206,

The error message suggests that the DocumentFormat.OpenXml package is causing the problem on your end.

Please check this video that demonstrates how to install Aspose.Words for .NET from NuGet:

Hi Hafeez,

I am using Visual Studio 2015. When I tried with this version, I am getting the same error message as below
Install-Package : An error occurred while retrieving package metadata for ‘DocumentFormat.OpenXml.2.12.1’ from source ‘C:\Users\KURVAK\OneDrive -
Pfizer\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\EMDAReport\packages’.

I am developing web applications using asp.net and c#.net with Visual Studio 2015. Can you please let me know, are there any solutions for this version?

@kishorek206,

Please check if {Use64BitIISExpress} set to “Default” and {PlatformTarget} set to “Any CPU”? You can try to set explicit value in {Use64BitIISExpress} = x86 or x64. And rebuild the project (see Use64BitIISExpress.png (23.4 KB))

Please provide a simplified Visual Studio project that helps us to reproduce the exact issue on our end. Please also list the complete steps that we can follow in Visual Studio on our end to reproduce this problem.

Hi Hafeez,

Please find the requirement below.

We have created .Net application to get data from the Tableau application. We are getting data from tableau like images. So we use Aspose for this purpose. Now we are facing some challenges with image data from the tableau application. So we are converting tableau data as pdf using aspose and then we are trying to convert the same pdf as png file. Here pdf to png conversion, I am getting issue as " Pdf format is not supported on this platform. Use .NET Standard or .NET 4.6.1 version of Aspose.Words for loading Pdf documents"

Can you please provide suitable solution for my issue.

@kishorek206,

I have prepared a simple .NET 4.6.1 Web Application that converts all pages in PDF file into separate PNG Image files and attached it here for your reference:

Rebuilding this ASP.NET application should restore Aspose.Words package from NuGet.