Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF from Data-Driven Visio Missing Values

When converting a Visio diagram that contains external references to data (in this case an Excel spreadsheet) to a PDF file, the resulting PDF does not display the stored data values, but rather a text placeholder “Abc”.

I don’t have the spreadsheet referenced in this Visio document, but exporting to PDF using Visio I get the “stock” or “last retrieved” text values on the diagram. When exporting with Aspose, I get incorrect placeholder text.

See the image DataDrivenMissingData.png in the attached zip file for a screenshot of the differences between the two PDF files.

The source document Application Architecture Pivot diagrams_2016FromTemplate.vsdx and the Apsose created PDF file, 003_Application Architecture Pivot diagrams_2016FromTemplate.pdf, are also included in the attached zip file.

Sample: DataDrivenMissingStockValues.zip (1.0 MB)

I am using Aspose.Diagram 19.2.

@sheri_steeves

Thanks for contacting support.

We have tested the scenario in our environment and were able to reproduce the issue that you have mentioned. We have logged this issue in our issue tracking system under the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51617. We will further investigate the issue in details and keep you posted with the status of its rectification. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-51617) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 19.3.