PDF generation breaks after applying license

I have just applied a Dev OEM license to the trial version of Aspose.Words that we were using. I have changed NOTHING else in the solution.

Version: 15.7.0.0

Whereas previously, the PDF was correct, but had the "evaluation" message at the start of the PDF, now a large number of text characters have been replaced with "squares"

See the attached image.

Updated to 15.8.1 - same issue remains

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach your input Word document and output PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Attached is HTML file and source code.

code is hacked together as I’m not at work.

Simplified test shows that the call to

builder.MoveToHeaderFooter(HeaderFooterType.FooterPrimary);

is required for the problem to occur.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words for .NET 15.8.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side (please see attached simple console application). I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link. I hope, this helps.
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

Best regards,

as I said earlier:
“Updated to 15.8.1 - same issue remains”

I’m back in the office tomorrow, so I’ll try your example out and see if I can figure out the difference.

Hmm.

I can’t repro it in your project, even after copying more code across, but I can consistently replicate it in mine.

Program.cs line 150, just making that call to builder.MoveToHeaderFooter(HeaderFooterType.FooterPrimary); when there is no footer HTML is sufficient to trigger the problem.

Main difference in my main project is that the “content” variable contains a string generated by parsing a Razor view, so maybe some sort of encoding difference?

Hi Roger,

I am afraid, I could still not reproduce this issue on my side using your project. Please see attached PDF files here with this post. It would be great if you please create a standalone simple Console Application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing. As soon as you get this simple application ready, we’ll start further investigation into your issue.

Best regards,