PDF Hyperlinks using ContentDisposition.Inline

I am converting a Word Document to PDF and launching it in the browser using ContentDisposition.Inline so that it's opened within the browser window. This document contains hyperlinks, which work fine when using ContentDisposition.Attachment. With Inline, the hyperlinks open the page in the same browser window as the PDF, replacing the PDF document. Is there a way to set the target of these hyperlinks to open in a new window?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have attached a sample Word document here for your reference. The Hyperlink in rendered Pdf behaved exactly as you described on my side in web browsers. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7609. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Tim,

It is to update you that our development team has finished analyzing your issue and has come to a conclusion that ContentDisposition doesn’t has any effect on Hyperlinks in Pdf document. This option only changes header in HTTP response. So, it’s about web browsers how they handle Hyperlinks in different modes.

However, we can provide you a functionality where Hyperlinks will be opened in a new browser window. In this case, a piece of JavaScript code will be run in client’s browser when he clicks on a Hyperlink in Pdf document. We will add a property e.g. SaveHyperlinksAsJavaScript to PdfSaveOptions that will control the appearance of Hyperlinks in a Pdf document. Please let us know if this solution satisfies your requirements?

Best regards,

Yes, that will satisfy my requirements. Thanks.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the additional information. We have now updated our development team of your input and will keep you informed of any developments.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7609) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.