PDF images and text being truncated in Aspose.words doc

Hi ,

I'm having difficulty with creating a word document from a PDF.

I have a PDF stream , and i have tried saving it as a doc format , but then i open it i loose most of the content of the PDF and jsut have the same page repeated again and again. Code Sample:

inputPdfDocument.Save(@"C:\Temp\MyTempDoc.Doc", Pdf.SaveFormat.Doc);

So now i have tired to save it as HTML first an then load it into a word document , but when i open this attempt all my images and text are truncated. See code sample below:

inputPdfDocument.Save(@"C:\Temp\MyTempDoc.html", Pdf.SaveFormat.HTML);

//// Read that HTML file into a Word document (DOC) object.

Words.LoadOptions loadOptions = new Words.LoadOptions();

loadOptions.LoadFormat = Words.LoadFormat.Html;

thisDocument = new Words.Document("C:\\Temp\\MyTempDoc.html", loadOptions);

thisDocument.Save(@"C:\Temp\MyTempDoc.doc", Words.SaveFormat.Doc);

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening or have a work-around ? Much appreciated ,

Ali

Dear Customer,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for the inquiry. Please try to use the latest Aspose.Words v11.3.0 at your end and hopefully your issue will be resolved. If it still persist then please share source input pdf document for further investigation. We'll take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Tilal

Thanks for your quick response Tilal , i have repeated my test with Aspose.Words v11.3.0 as instructed (fyi i am also using Aspose.PDF v6.9.0.0 ), but my results are worse than before unfortunately. Now i don't see the images at all just lines across the word document.

I have attached my PDF to this email so hopefully that will help , thanks ,

Ali

Hi Ali,

Thanks for sharing the PDF file. Its seems that your query is more related to Aspose.PDF. I am moving this thread to Aspose.PDF forum and my colleagues will reply you shortly.

Dear Ali,

As mentioned that Aspose.Word does not support intended conversion mean PDF to Doc and your query has been routed to appropriate Forum,Aspose.PDF.

Please follow the following link from Aspose.PDF, for solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Tilal Ahmad

Hi Ali,

Thanks for using our products and sharing the sample source code and template PDF document with us. I tested the scenario and able to notice the same problem. For rectification, I logged this problem with ID: PDFNEWNET-33732 in our Issue Tracking System. We will further look into the details of this issue and will keep you updated via this forum thread on the status of correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi , has there been any update on this bug ?

Thanks ,

Ali

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your patience.

Our development team is working on resolving this problem but I am afraid its not yet completely fixed. However I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding its resolution. Soon you will be updated with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33732) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.2.0.

The blog post for this release is created over this link

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.