PDF in 10.0beta - multiple problems when using frames

Hi there,

we are evaluating the PDF functionality and found some problems when using frames.

a) tables inside the frame will not have the correct position
b) text wrapping does not work

Using text fields for doing the positioning is not an option, because we have to use some fields we want to fill with the API in a table.
See attached example Form-Sample.doc.

The other attached files show the problems without using document protection and sections.

Since we want to implement a new process relying heavily on this function please provide a schedule for fixing this bug.

Thanks
Stefan

Hello

Thanks for your request. The problem with PDF occurs because you are using text frame in your document. Currently Aspose.Words does not fully support positioning of text frames upon rendering. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.
As a workaround, you can try avoiding using text frames in your document.
In addition, you should note that text frames are obsolete and are not used very often. You can use TextBoxes or tables instead of frames.
Unfortunately, currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this feature. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

I tried it with tables now, as you suggested, but the result is the same.
Positioning relative to page (border) does not work with tables either.

The table will always be positionied in the paragraph, where it was originally inserted.

See attached example table-2.(doc/pdf)

Any suggestions?
We have to have this signature fields positioned at the bottom of the first page.

Thanks
Stefan

Hello

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because there is floating table inside your document. At the moment, Aspose.Words does not support positioning of floating tables. As a temporary workaround, you can set “Text wrapping” of your table to “None” using MS Word.
When I told that you can try using tables instead of frames, I meant that you can layout your document using inline tables.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1940;WORDSNET-2219) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(100)