PDF Info can not be read

Hi

I have a PDF that was created by Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java 3.7.0 (JDK1.5) and then modifed by iText when I try to get the PDFInfo from the PDF I get the following exception:

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Monaco; color: #ff201a} span.s1 {text-decoration: underline ; color: #081c8c} span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}

java.io.IOException: pdf format error:trailer is not found.

at com.aspose.pdf.kit.oi.p(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.pdf.kit.oi.a(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.pdf.kit.oi.(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.pdf.kit.PdfFileInfo.(Unknown Source)

Here is the code I am using

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Monaco; min-height: 15.0px} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Monaco} span.s1 {color: #941965} span.s2 {text-decoration: underline} span.s3 {color: #3e38f5} span.Apple-tab-span {white-space:pre}

boolean isValid = false;

PdfFileInfo fileInfo = new PdfFileInfo(pdfIn.getAbsolutePath());

String application = fileInfo.getCreator();

if (application.equalsIgnoreCase("e@syScan"))

{

isValid = true;

}

return isValid;

I have attached the pdf for your reference.

Thanks

Hi Liwies,

I have reproduced this problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITJAVA-26134 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi

Do we have an update for this thread? Our go live date is coming up soon and I would really like to have this fix in place by then?

Thank you.

Liwies

Hi Liwies,

I’m sorry to inform you that this issue is not yet resolved due to the issues already in the queue of our development team. However, I have asked our team to share the ETA of this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread as soon as the response is received.

Regards,

Hi

Can I please have an update as to when this bug will be fixed? My application is live and I have clients that are getting this error which is resulting in a backlog of unconverted documents.

Thank you

Liwies

Hi Liwies,

I’m pleased to inform you that the fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming release due early July 2011. You’ll be updated via this forum thread as soon as the release is published.

If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 26134) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Aspose

Thank you for the update it did fix the PDF error I was getting with the attached PDF in question. I have more cases or rather PDF files where this same error is happening. I have attached the PDF files to this post.

Here is the stacktrace I get from trying to add metadata to the attached PDF using the PDF.Kit 3.9.0 for Java.

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.aspose.pdf.kit.nj cannot be cast to com.aspose.pdf.kit.md
at com.aspose.pdf.kit.oi.l(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.kit.oi.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.pdf.kit.PdfFileInfo.(Unknown Source)
at za.co.interfile.easyscan.util.ToPDFConverter.insertMetaData(ToPDFConverter.java:1079)

Please can you investigate.

Thank you.

Liwies

Hi Liwies,

If you could share the code snippet which is causing the problem at your end, we would be able to focus on your particular issue.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Hi

Here is the snippet I am using:

boolean isValid = false;

PdfFileInfo fileInfo = new PdfFileInfo(pdfIn.getAbsolutePath());

String application = fileInfo.getCreator();

if (application.equalsIgnoreCase(“e@syScan”))

{

isValid = true;

}

return isValid;

Thanks

Hi Liwies,

Thank you very much for sharing the sample with us. I have reproduced this issue at my end and logged it as PDFKITJAVA-29574 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

Regards,

Hi

Could I please get an ETA for a fix for PDFKITJAVA-29574?

Thank you.

Hi Liwies,

I’m sorry to share with you that this issue is not yet resolved. I have asked our team to share the ETA of this issue. You’ll be updated as soon as the response is received.

Regards,

Hi Liwies,

I would like to share with you that the fix for this issue will be available in the release due at the end of October 2011. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once it is published.

Regards,