PDF isn't generating (urgent)


I downloaded a demo version of aspose.pdf a while ago (about 4 months) and used it to generate some PDF’s. I got it working just fine and just purchased a licensed version. I uninstalled the previous version and installed the latest version, now my pdf’s won’t generate most of the time. It appears as though the first time or two after a reboot they’ll generate, after that it just goes to a blank browser. What am I doing wrong? I believe I’m using the latest hot fix. The code is roughly as follows:

Pdf pdf = new Pdf();

string sFileName;

License license = new License();


// Setup general info

pdf.Author = “InLine”;

pdf.Creator = “InLine”;

Aspose.Pdf.Section sec1 = pdf.Sections.Add();

sec1.IsLandscape = false;

sec1.PageInfo = new PageSetup();

sec1.PageInfo.PageWidth = 710;

sec1.PageInfo.Margin.Left = 15;

sec1.PageInfo.Margin.Right = 15;

sec1.PageInfo.PageHeight = 910;

sec1.PageInfo.Margin.Top = 15;

sec1.PageInfo.Margin.Bottom = 15;

sFileName = “Report - " + DateTime.Now.ToString(“d”);

pdf.Title = sFileName;

sFileName = sFileName + “.pdf”;

// Add the header

Text textHeader = new Text(sec1);

textHeader.TextInfo = new TextInfo();

textHeader.TextInfo.FontSize = 14;

textHeader.TextInfo.FontName = “Arial”;

textHeader.TextInfo.Alignment = AlignmentType.Center;


Aspose.Pdf.Segment segHeader = new Segment(textHeader);


sName += " (test)”;

segHeader.Content = sName;



pdf.Save(“Report.pdf”, SaveType.OpenInBrowser, Response);



Dear Schnazz,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I have tested your code but can’t reproduce this error. Please change the SaveType and try again. Let me know if it can work with other savetypes.


Thank you for your quick response!

With a save type of OpenInAcrobat it does work. This is a reasonable short term work around, but OpenInBrowser is much preferred.


Dear Schnazz,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Here is the code in the Save method:

response.Expires = 0;
response.Buffer = true;
if(saveType == SaveType.OpenInAcrobat)
response.AddHeader(“content-disposition”,“attachment; filename=” + fileName);
response.AddHeader(“content-disposition”,“inline; filename=” + fileName);
response.ContentType = “application/pdf”;

Please check if there is conflict with your code which cause the problem when open in the document in browser.


Thanks for the help! It currently appears to be working, it seems as though this the problem was the DateTime.Now.ToString(“d”); (though it seems odd).

sFileName = "Report - " + DateTime.Now.ToString(“d”);

pdf.Title = sFileName;

If I got rid of the DateTime portion, (so FileName is just Report), it seems to work. For my purposes, this will work just fine. Thanks!