PDF jpeg of page not producing image correctly when the pdf have hidden overlay

Hi team,

we are using Aspose version 17.9.0.0. We are saving a PPT as PDF and using that PDF as input for jpdgevice ( C# code) and creating image from that. The output image has some different colored layer which is not visible in either pdf or ppt.

I can already see some thread discussing the same, in that Aspoe team has agreed that the issue can be reproducible and they have raised a ticket. but after that there is no update on the thread.

PFB thread discussing the same problem
https://forum.aspose.com/t/losing-layers-when-converting/28928
https://forum.aspose.com/t/pdf-to-image-via-pdf-kit-producing-garbage-for-some-pdf-documents/94924

@sumitbhagat

Thanks for contacting support.

We have linked your post with the logged issue(s) from referenced threads and as soon as there is some update regarding resolution of the issues, you will surely be notified.

Please note that issues have been resolved on first come first serve basis and our product team has been resolving other issues in the queue which were logged/reported prior to these issues. We are sure that they will plan to investigate and provide fix against these issues, as per their development schedule. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Moreover, we will really appreciate if you can please share your sample PDF document with us, so that it can also be provided to product team for investigation after testing the scenario in our environment.

Hi Asad,

I have attached the pdf and also i have attached the error screen shot. LayerBug.pdf (188.4 KB)
Error_1.jpg (40.2 KB)
Error_2.jpg (30.0 KB)

Can u please give ticket no ?

@sumitbhagat

Thanks for sharing sample PDF document.

We have managed to replicate the issue which you have mentioned, by testing the scenario in our environment, using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.12 and following code snippet. For the sake of correction, we have logged an issue as PDFNET-43955 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Document pdfDocument = new Document(dataDir + "LayerBug.pdf");
for (int pageCount = 1; pageCount <= pdfDocument.Pages.Count; pageCount++)
{
 using (FileStream imageStream = new FileStream(dataDir + "image" + pageCount + "_out" + ".jpg", FileMode.Create))
 {
   Resolution resolution = new Resolution(96);
   JpegDevice jpegDevice = new JpegDevice(resolution, 80);
   jpegDevice.Process(pdfDocument.Pages[pageCount], imageStream);
   imageStream.Close();
 }
}

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Team,
Can you please give the time line for the fix ?. We need to give this fix asap. I hope you will understand our urgency on this bug.

@sumitbhagat,

The linked ticket ID PDFNET-43955 has just been identified. It is difficult for us to share an estimate before the completion of the analysis phase. We will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-35831) have been fixed in this update.