PDF.Kit License?

We have been using Aspose.PDF.Kit v5.0 for over a year now. I just renewed the license and found that it merged with Aspose.PDF product. I received the new Aspose.PDF License file. I tried to use this new license with our existing code/DLL. I received the error: “Exception information: Exception type: PdfKitException Exception message: The license is not valid for this product.” I figured it wouldn’t work but it was worth the try…

Is there anyway I can receive a Aspose.PDF.Kit License for v5.0? We don’t have time to implement and test Aspose.PDF before our license expires.

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

I wonder that the new license file might not work with older versions of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET. However the old license files generated for Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET should work with the new merged API. Also the license file that you have received should work with the new versions of Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please note that all the features of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET have been merged into Aspose.Pdf for .NET and they are present under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace. Please try using the new product and in case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

So you are saying there is no way you can create a Pdf.Kit license for us? I don’t think you really understand the inconvenience!!! Instead of converting to PDF for .NET, I would rather convert to a competitor! This is ridiculous! We have thousands of documents that are produced daily with PDF.Kit that would have to be tested if we converted to PDF for .NET. There is no way we have time to do this…

Hi,

We can understand the circumstances through which might be going. In fact recently there have been huge demands to present a single product with the capabilities to create and manipulate the existing PDF files, and in result of that, this new merged product is released. We have spent much time over the testing of this new merged API and we have tried our level best to share the same set of features as present in individual products. I would again request you to please download and try using the latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET and try using this license file. In case you encounter any issue, please feel free to contact. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

PS, all the classes and enumerations of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET are present under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace.

Our developers made the required changes but we are running into some major issues:

·<span style=“font:7.0pt “Times New Roman””>
FillField() has
wrapping text in the middle of words, instead of the closest space character<o:p></o:p>

· FillField() is changing merge field styles from Tahoma-Bold to Helvetica

· PdfContentEditor.ReplaceText deletes text when a TextState object is specified. This means our search/replace bolding functionality doesn’t work.

We are running out of time before our PDF.Kit license expires. We really need you to give us a new PDF.Kit license while we work out these issues with PDF.

Hi Greg,<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Sorry for the delay in reply.

gfrey:
Our developers made the required changes but we are running into some major issues:

· FillField() has wrapping text in the middle of words, instead of the closest space character

· FillField() is changing merge field styles from Tahoma-Bold to Helvetica

· PdfContentEditor.ReplaceText deletes text when a TextState object is specified. This means our search/replace bolding functionality doesn’t work.

Please share your sample code and template PDF documents with us to reproduce these issues at our end. This will help us to identify and fix the issues faster.

gfrey:
We are running out of time before our PDF.Kit license expires. We really need you to give us a new PDF.Kit license while we work out these issues with PDF.

(As shared by Nayyer)I am not sure whether this is possible as the license for Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET are no more produced and product has been merged into Aspose.Pdf for .NET. However, I will forward your request and will get back to you with the feedback whether this can be done or not.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

gfrey:

Hi, Adding more to Nausherwan's comments, currently we are not offering the license for Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET but as the product has been merged to Aspose.Pdf for .NET, its better to upgrade your license subscription for Aspose.Pdf for .NET and continue using the merged API. For the particular issues that you are facing, as requested by Nausherwan, please share the source PDF documents and the code snippet so that can test the scenarios at our end. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

So the PDF generation will still occur in PDF.Kit using the old expired license? We are not going to move with Aspose.PDF software. It has way too many bugs that PDF.Kit does not have.

Hi,

Every license is valid for one year time frame and it can be used for all the product versions that are released within one year period. As your license is currently valid and you are able to use Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET with this license, you may continue using the same license file. Once you feel comfortable with Aspose.Pdf for .NET, you may consider moving to this new merged API. If you have any other query, please feel free to contact.