PDF Kit Text Extraction Cyrillic

Hi,

we’re trying to extract data from pdf witch is written in cyrillic. Problem is that after extraction all text is just ‘??? ???’. If i just open the pdf in acrobat reader, than i can select copy and paste this text into notepad and everything is readabale (all letters are there). What is causing this problem?

Thank you in advance

Hi,

Can you please provide us with the pdf file so that we can more accurately determine the cause of the problem.

Thanks.

Hi,

where should i send it?

Tnx

Hi,

To share your PDF file with us, please follow the steps mentioned in the following article on how to share a document in a forum post:

https://forum.aspose.com/t/how-to-share-a-document-in-a-forum-post/225947/

Thanks.

Hi,

This is a known issue and has been logged as PDFKITNET-4259. We are working to fix this. Only English characters are supported now. When PDF contains Asian Characters(Fonts) then the method will throw "Cann't find fonts..." exceptions. In case European Languages used then it won't throws exception, but it will show broken characters or marks of exclamation like "????" etc.

Thanks.

Hi again,

where can we see that this bug is fixed? And is there also known when this bug fix will be released?

Tnx in advance

Hi,

We are working on this issue but I am afraid we can’t support it in short time. We will notify you on this thread when we make progress.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4259) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)