PDF mailmerge under linux : lost specific character

Hi,

When we use mailmerge on linux with java / tomcat server and convert the result to PDF, we lost some specific characters like arrow.

Please see attached files word.doc the result of mailmerge on linux server and pdf.pdf the result of mailmerge on linux server.

As you can see, we lost specific characters like arrow on the top off the document.

For your informations, this work on debian server with mstcorefonts package, but on RHEL 6 it doesn’t, even with mstcorefonts package …

We use Aspose version 14.5 with licences corporate.

Please help us this problem is blocking us.

regards,
Julien
Hi Julien,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-940. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Julien,

Thanks for being patient. The problem occurs because the source document contains the following two Windows fonts which are not present on your Linux system:

1. Times New Roman, Regular
2. Symbol, Bold

We can suggest you the following three options:

2. Register the font as External one, see this article.
3. The last option - do not use Windows-Only fonts in source documents at all.

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-940) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.