Pdf manipulation - how?

It’s been several days since i started to search my way inside Aspose’s Pdf libraries, both the regular and the kit. the purpose is simple: i need to open a Pdf stream into an Xml, do something with the xml, then generate the Pdf back from the xml. nothing more cimplicated than that.
How do i do it? what API? what libraries?
I simply got lost in all those Pdf objects that i can’t tell which is which.

Please help

Adi

Hi Adi,

I’m afraid, I couldn’t understand your requirement clearly. Can you please elaborate your requirement a little bit that why you would like to convert the PDF to XML and then modify that XML? What particular contents you want to change this way?

Please share your thoughts so we could help you accordingly.
Regards,

Ok, let me try to clear that up: I would like to
1) Read a Pdf stream
2) Create an XML representation of the Pdf so all elements are represented as XML elements.
3) At this point I need to manipulate text portions according to certain rules. This should be done into the XML, so no problem there.
4) Re-create the Pdf again from the modified XML.

Why? because this is what’s the project i’m working on is all about: normalizing all sort of content types into an XML which certain rules can manipulate. At this point we would like to do the same with Pdf.

Is it possible?

Hi Adi,

As I understand, you’re mainly interested to convert a PDF file to XML. I’m sorry to inform you that this feature is currently not available; however, we have already logged a new feature request as PDFKITJAVA-14492 in our issue tracking system. You’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved. Nevertheless, I’m afraid, this might not be available in short time.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,