PDF .NET Find and Replace Text is Cutting the Replaced Text

Hello,

I am trying to Find and Replace Text in a PDF doc.

the Replaced Text is being cut off.

Example:

Find Text = “This is a test”
Replace Text: “ABC123456”

in the final PDF the replaced text shows as: “ABC” only.
The rest is cut off.

I have attached sample VS2019 solution and sample PDF files.

Hope you can help.

@tony.woods.bell.ca

We were able to reproduce the issue in our environment while testing the case using your shared sample application. It has been logged as PDFNET-51283 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

sorry i deleted the files.
so i re-upload them again.

FindReplaceNotWorkingApp.zip (10.7 KB)

test pdf files.zip (89.1 KB)

@tony.woods.bell.ca

The files were already downloaded and tested. We will let you know once we have some updates about issue fix.

Hello,

Has this issue been resolved. I am experiencing this issue was well using Aspose.PDF 22.7.0

In the release notes of 22.6.0, there is mention of PDFNET-38440 Text Replace changes Text Alignment. I assume this is not related to the mis-alignment and text cut off for TextFragmentAbsorber?

@OpenDevSolutions

We are afraid that the ticket linked to this thread has not been yet resolved due to other pending issues in the queue. The ticket you referred is different and was logged for different type of issue. However, we will surely inform you via this forum thread once associated ticket is resolved. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I am seeing this behavior too. Is there any update on when it might be fixed?

@ast3

We are afraid that the earlier logged ticket has not been yet resolved due to other pending issues in the queue. However, can you please share your sample document and the code snippet for which we can log a dedicated ticket and share the ID with you?