PDF not displaying properly in Acrobat Reader 10

Hello,

For some reason the attached pdf (which was created with Aspose 6.6 using an xml template) looks fine in Acrobat Reader 9, but not in Acrobat Reader 10.

Borders appear around some image icons, and the ToC entries and these same borders are then visible on all following pages as well.

Any idea what’s causing this?

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have checked the file using Adobe X and I am able to open the file successfully. Please share the complete version of Adobe 10 reader you are using. Also, you may try creating the file with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.2 and if you still face the issue, please share your template file and sample code with us to reproduce the issue at our end.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi,

The attached screenshot shows what it looks like to me in Acrobat Reader 10.1.4 (latest version).

I also tried 7.2, I still get
the unwanted borders around the icons and the ToC items. However they aren’t repeated on every page after that as with 6.6 so it is an improvement.

I did discover something odd though; if I use the snapshot option of Acrobat Reader and paste it into an image editor the unwanted borders are gone. Which seems to indicate that the reader may be bugged somehow.

Any suggestions for a workaround?

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for your feedback.

We have already reproduce the issue regarding border against TOC when using Adobe Reader 10.1.4. The issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-34205. Regarding borders against the image icons, we are unable to reproduce the issue. Please share a sample code with template and resultant PDF file to help us reproduce the issue at our end. This will help in identifying the cause of the issue soon.

The code is just a simple bindxml, here’s an excerpt:

//Bind XML into the document
string reportXmlPath = _context.Server.MapPath(string.Format("~/App_Data/Report.{0}.xml", _testResult.Language.Substring(0, 2)));

// Revert to default if necessary
if (System.IO.File.Exists(reportXmlPath) == false)
{
reportXmlPath = _context.Server.MapPath("~/App_Data/Report.xml");
}

_pdf.BindXML(reportXmlPath, null);

The pdf I posted earlier was created using the attached xml template.

Thank you for the XML file.

I am able to reproduce the issue when using Adobe Acrobat 10.1.4. The issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-34220. We will notify you regarding any update via this forum thread.

Is there any ETA on a fix for this problem? More and more people will be using the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, so it’s becoming more of an issue.

I tried 7.4 but the problem isn’t resolved in that version yet.

If this is not fixed soon, we won’t have any incentive to renew our license and will have to consider alternatives.

Hi Patrick,

The development team has been busy resolving some other priorities issues and I am afraid the issues reported earlier are not yet resolved. However we plan to get PDFNEWNET-34205 by the end of current month (November-2012). I will also inquire the information regarding the resolution of other issue PDFNEWNET-34220 and as soon as I have some further information regarding their resolution, I would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Ok, thanks for the update, please let me know when there’s any further information.

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Sure. As soon as the problem is fixed, you will be updated within this forum thread.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your patience.

I am pleased to share that the issues reported earlier have been resolved and their resolution will be included in upcoming release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.6.0 which is planned to release in current month. Please be patient and wait for the new release version.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your patience.

As I have shared earlier, we further investigated the issue PDFNEWNET-34220 and have found the reasons of this problem.

The source XML-file which you have shared earlier, contains links to absent image-files. In order to avoid these errors and to see how borders are drown around normally loaded images, please try using the fixed copy of original source XML file (34220_corrected_filepathes.xml) - please extract it from 34220_files.zip.

That source XML-file refers image-file 34220_Aspose_link.jpg, So,before testing this issue, please put that jpg-file(34220_Aspose_link.jpg) to the same folder and update its path in 34220_corrected_filepathes.xml. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF file which I have generated over my end. Please note that in file 34220_conversion_result_after_bugfix.pdf, the borders around images are not appearing.

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi,

Which version of aspose.pdf did you use for this? I tried it using the adjusted xml and image but I’m still getting the borders. I tried version 6.4 (currently still used in the application), 7.4 and 7.5 but to no avail.

Also, I don’t understand how absent image files affect this, since the images are shown in the pdf just fine?

I suppose I’ll just wait for 7.6.

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

The unwanted borders issue will be fixed in version 7.6 .0 and earlier shared resources indicate the creation of correct data set.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34205;PDFNEWNET-34220) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.