PDF of Government Gazette doesn't convert cleanly to HTML

The Government Gazette is produced in InDesign and output as PDF. I would like to use the PDF to HTML product to create a HTML version, but complex formatting with images or tables in the PDF does not hold up in the HTML output (images don’t display and elements stack up on each other). Is this just unavoidable, or should I be using another product or method to convert it? Thank you.

@Innes,

Is it possible to share the PDF document that is having the issue, the code snippet used, and the API version you are using?

Hi Carlos
Thank you for following up. I am using Convert PDF to HTML – Convert PDF to HTML | Online and Free

General Gazette no. 17 of 2023 shows a few problems with translating from PDF to HTML. I cannot see a way to attach the file so here is the address of the original PDF:

The converted PDF to HTML output has the following problems:

• the Table of provisions (contents) is not maintaining column format
  • images that are not displaying at all and in one area are stacking up on each other e.g. page 633 (it looks like two images are coming through in the PDF and the conversion as multiple grid images)
  • formatted column at the bottom of page 629 is all over the place as is another at 635, but it appears that content in proper tables seems to translate very well.
    The Gazettes are formatted in InDesign primarily for print production, and a copy is put on the website for electronic use. I am aware of the In5 plugin for InDesign that produces fixed HTML output that does a good job of presenting complex page elements in HTML but I wanted to see if there is an Apose product that can also convert PDFs to highly accurate HTML.
    Thank you for you help.

@Innes,

I am sorry for the confusion Innes, but this is the forum for the Product or API. What you are looking for is support for the App. This is the correct link to the Aspose Pdf App free support forum: Aspose.PDF App Product Family - Free Support Forum - aspose.app

They look very similar, but you will notice this forum has the word Product, and the other one has the word App.

I hope this clarifies the difference, and sorry for the original confusion. Please create the same post in the other forum, as I cannot because I am not a member of the App team…

Thanks Carlos, no problem, will follow it up in the App forum.