PDF Optimization of large (200MB+) files crashes server

The forum discussion below is what we are also running into. I know that the last update from that topic was 2018 but is there any new information for this issue? We want to stay with your software but we are running into this issue that is crashing our server because we are trying to optimize files over 200MB. Unfortunately I cannot share the files with you since they include protected health information. I will say that I was logged in once and it did successfully work on a file that was over 240MB but the process used up over 10GB of ram and took over 5 minutes.

I was also curious if you have any generic metrics you can share with me. For example, if the file is 250MB you can expect it to take about x minutes and x GB of ram.

@stenerfa726

About the referenced ticket, it is quite an old one and possible solution to this issue was to increase the RAM size. However, we have implemented a lot of improvements in the API since then and we recommend using the latest available version i.e. Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.7. Also, we are afraid that we cannot specify the time or resources required to optimize a PDF file because it depends upon the file structure. A 2GB file may take less time than a 100MB file would do because of the complexity level in document structure.

Furthermore, we are afraid that we cannot address the issue without replicating it in our environment and for that purpose, we need sample PDF. We assure you that we do not share your files with anyone and we delete them from our system after investigating the issue. You can please upload your file to Google Drive and share the link with us in a private message. You can send a private message by clicking over username and pressing Blue Message button. OR you can simply turn your post into a private message by clicking the button shown in the screenshot. image.png (32.8 KB)