Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF output cannot be opened with Adobe Reader

We have a Word document that we are converting to PDF using Aspose Words. This particular document is giving an error when opened with Adobe Reader. It is fine when opened with Foxit Reader and a couple of others. The error from Adobe is:


There was an error processing a page. There was an error reading this document.

We have several thousand other documents that are converted fine, but the attached document is giving us problems.

We have version 11.3.0.0 of Aspose words and are setting the following:

 doc = New Aspose.Words.Document(WordStream)
Dim pdfOptions As New Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions
pdfOptions.HeadingsOutlineLevels = 3
pdfOptions.ExpandedOutlineLevels = 1
pdfOptions.Compliance = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfCompliance.Pdf15
        doc.Save(returnStream, pdfOptions)</pre></div>

Hi Geoff,


Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Awais,

Thanks for looking into this. Attached is the Word source document.

Hi Geoff,


Thanks for your inquiry. Perhaps, you’re using an older version of Aspose.Words; as with Aspose.Words v11.8.0, I was unable to reproduce this problem on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.8.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. I hope, this will help.

Moreover, I have attached the output PDF file that is generated on my side here for your reference.

Best Regards,

Awais,

We have been trying to upgrade to the latest version for most of this week. We did not receive our licence renewal notice and had to chase up a new licence as we got an expiry message when we installed V11.8.

Now that we have the new licence file we are having exceptions being thrown :

"Cannot find black listed licenses resource. Please report this error to Aspose.""Cannot find black listed licenses resource. Please report this error to Aspose."

We have followed the steps in this guide : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Getting+Started.

I have not un-installed the older versions as we need them for other projects until we get this one sorted out.

The error was generated by the same code as we have been using only difference was that the old licence file was replaced with the new one (it resides in the same folder as the application DLL) and the new version DLL’s were referenced (and placed in the appropriate folder).

If we run with the old licence file and the new DLL’s we get a message saying that we are not licenced. When the licence files are replaced we get the current problem.

Hi Geoff,


Thanks for your inquiry. We have just released Aspose.Words v11.9.0, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version which will resolve your licencing problems. You can download it from the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

I hope, this helps.

Best Regards,

The new version appears to have fixed our licence problem. I will try the original problem with V11.9 and let you know how we go.

awais.hafeez:
I was unable to reproduce this problem on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.8.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. I hope, this will help.

Awais,

We have upgraded to Version 11.9 and we are still having issues with opening the PDF File with Adobe. Other programs (Foxit) are OK with the document, but Adobe is getting upset.

I have attached both the input and output documents.

Hi Geoff,


Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.9.0, I have rendered your ‘GIS Enquiry System User Guide(2).DOCX’ to Pdf format; I then opened the produced Pdf with Adobe Acrobat X version 10.2.0 and Foxit Reader v5.1 and was unable to observe any such problem on my side. It seems the attached ‘Document.pdf’ was first produced using Aspose.Words v11.3.0 and then modified by another third party control iTextSharp 5.1.3. Could you please also double check if you are using the latest version (11.9.0)? You can dynamically check if you’re referencing the correct DLL by using the following code snippet:

System.Reflection.Assembly[] assemblies = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies();
foreach (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly in assemblies)
{
System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyName = assembly.GetName();
if (assemblyName.Name.Contains(“Aspose.Words”))
Console.WriteLine("Aspose.Words Version Number: " + assemblyName.Version.ToString());
}

Moreover, I have attached the Pdf file that is produced on my side using Aspose.Words v11.9.0 here for your reference. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Awais,

It appears as if our WebService was picking up a cached version of the document (created with V11.3).

When I killed the cache and forced the new version conversion, all was well. V11.9 has rectified our problem.

Thanks for your assistance in this.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,


Thanks for your feedback. Please let us know any time you have any further queries. We’re always glad to help you.

Best Regards,