PDF Output does not show Chart texts

Hello Support,

I have a problem with Cells and PDF output. XLSX output works well and all chart labels are shown as expected but when trying to save the same output as PDF the labels disappear.

XLSX Output:
grafik.png (4.7 KB)

PDF Output:
grafik.png (4.6 KB)

The following code produces the chart:

int chartIndex = m_Overview.getCharts().add(ChartType.PIE_3_D, 4, 13, R_OV_R, 30);

Chart chart = m_Overview.getCharts().get(chartIndex);
chart.setElevation(30);
chart.setRotationAngle(0);
chart.setShowLegend(false);
chart.getChartArea().getArea().setForegroundColor(Color.fromArgb(217, 217, 217));
chart.getChartArea().getBorder().setColor(Color.getWhite());

SeriesCollection series = chart.getNSeries();

series.add("H8:H9", true);
series.get(0).getPoints().get(0).getArea().setForegroundColor(Color.fromArgb(140, 140, 140));
series.get(0).getPoints().get(1).getArea().setForegroundColor(Color.fromArgb(180, 0, 0));

DecimalFormat df = new DecimalFormat("0.000000");
series.get(0).getPoints().get(0).getDataLabels().setText("Availability " + df.format(availability)+ "%");
series.get(0).getPoints().get(1).getDataLabels().setText("Outage " + df.format(outage) + "%");

chart.calculate();

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

@oliver.bohnes,

Thanks for the sample code and screenshots.

Please provide the output Excel and PDF files via Aspose.Cells APIs, we will check it soon.

Both have been generated with the latest Java-API 18.8

I am not allowed to upload PDF or XLSX files here… so how can I provice my outputs?

To clarify… the support forum prevents me from uploading the .xlsx and .pdf files here.

How can I provide you those files?

@oliver.bohnes,

You may zip the files and upload here. If still facing issue, upload file to some third party file hosting service like Dropbox and share the link here.

Attached a zip file containing both outputs.

outputs.zip (80.1 KB)

@oliver.bohnes,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSJAVA-42706- PDF output does not show chart label

@oliver.bohnes,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Keep in touch.

@oliver.bohnes,

Please try our latest version/fix (attached): Aspose.Cells for Java v18.8.4

Your issue “CELLSJAVA-42706” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells for Java v18.8.4.zip (6.3 MB)

Hi, the fix works and the chart labels are shown now in PDF output.

Is the attached 18.8.4 an official release or just a version for testing?

Thanks,
Oliver

@oliver.bohnes,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version.

For your information, the hotfixes (e.g v18.8.4) posted into the forums can be directly used for production server, these will behave like official releases of the product which have all the functionality (full fledged) of Aspose.Cells for Java v18.8 till this fix. We normally provide quick fixes (interim releases) into support forums for the users against their issues, so they do not have to wait much to get fix of their issues. However, our next official release of the product i.e., Aspose.Cells for Java v18.9 (which will also include the functionality of this fix) will be scheduled to be released before the end of this week or in the next week.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42706) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 18.9. You can also get the latest Aspose.Cells for Java version from Maven repos. with simple configurations. Please see the document for your reference: Installation|Documentation

This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi