PDF output from Excel does not support WindDing font

I am trying to create a PDF file from an Excel file. One of the cells in Excel has some Wingding fonts, and they are showing up in the PDF output as boxes.

The formula in Excel is: =IF(H17>0,“é”,IF(OR(H17=0,H17>=-10%),“è”,“ê”))

This also is happening when the cell is just populated with the Wingding font: ê

Is there a way around this? I was using Aspose.Cells.dll (version 4.8) to save directly to PDF and also using Aspose.Pdf.dll (version 4.1 and 6.0) to try this and it does not work in either case.

Updating to Aspose.Pdf.dll version 6.0 also caused a File could not be found error when trying to set the license.

Code:
Stream stream = new MemoryStream();
workbookToSave.Save(stream, FileFormatType.Pdf);

Document doc = new Document(stream);
doc.Save(fullFileNameToSave);

Hi,

The latest versions of Aspose.Cells for .NET does support to render PDF files directly from Excel Workbooks/Files, so you do not need to use intermediate steps or use Aspose.Pdf product to save the intermediate xml to PDF file format anymore. See the document for reference:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/converting-to-pdf-files.html

Please provide us the Excel file (input File), we will check your issue with the latest version v6.0.1.x. If we found the issue, we will log the issue and try to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

The reason for the intermediate steps is to remove some pages from the PDF after it is created. We can not do that before the PDF is created as the graphs from the PDF rely on the tabs that will be removed.

Attached is the Excel file. Our process is to copy tab A multiple times, each with different data. Then when the PDF is created, The Ref tab will be removed.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have tested you issue with latest version/fix v6.0.1.5 (attached), it works fine. The WinDings font text rendered fine. I am using Win7.0 Ultimate OS. Please try the attached version. I have also attached the output file here for your reference.

Sample code:
Workbook wb = new Workbook(@“e:\test2\Flash+Report_3A.xls”);
wb.Save(“e:\test2\windings_test.pdf”);

Thank you.