PDF password needed?

Hi,
attached is a pdf-file that has a password-protection.
I can open the file with the windows-explorer without using the password.
Trying to convert the pdf to tiff fails, because the password is not known.
Could you please explain, why a password is needed for converting, whereas reading is possible?
(which security-property is responsible for this)?
And is there any workaround, to get the file converted without knowing the password?
Our client received the file and does not know the password, but for viewing, we do a convertion to tiff.

thanks for your help and best wishes to you all for 2012.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the sample code and template file.

I checked your PDF file and there is security implemented and it requires password to decrypt it. However, as you mentioned that there is no security on viewing, printing features etc. when opening the document with Adobe Acrobat but Aspose.Pdf for .NET requires a password before conversion from PDF2Tiff.

I have created an issue in our issue tracking system for our development team to investigate this issue and provide the details regarding it with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33124. As soon as I get a feedback, I will update you via this forum thread.

Thank you and best wishes for New Year 2012.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33124) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

thanks for the fix. It works fine now!

best regards,

Oliver