PDF Privileges - Verify Signature

Hi,

I don't know whether this feature will be fixed in your January release, but I have found that after modifying the privileges on a Digitally Signed PDF - the digital signature becomes corrupt.

I have attached a sample project - you can find the orignal pdf - Input.pdf in the archive.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have reproduced this issue at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-13900 in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate the issue and we’ll try to provide the resolution the earliest possible; however, I’m afraid this is not feasible to include this fix in the January release. You’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issue is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Can I please have an update on this issue? It is an important feature of our project.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

I’m sorry to inform you that this issue is not yet resolved. However, our team is currently working on this issue on priority basis to resolve it the earliest possible. You’ll be informed via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Hi Mike,

Our team has further looked into this issue and I just wanted to share the update with you. As you’re trying to set privileges on an already signed PDF that’s why you’re having problem. In fact, both signing and setting privileges methods are concerned with encryption, and you can’t encrypt an already signed PDF.

Moreover, we also need your input to proceed further on this issue. Can you please elaborate your requirement in current scenario? What exactly are you trying to achieve by signing and setting privileges at the same time? If you elaborate your requirement or goal in a bit more detail, I’m sure our team would be in a better position to help you out.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

We are developing a front end gui for digital signature. We want to remove the security aspects of a pdf document so they can be signed, no matter what. At the moment we are not checking if they have already been signed and applying the same security removal code to all pdf documents. Can this be done?

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the feedback.

We’re further investigating your requirement and you’ll be updated with the results the earliest possible.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Can I please have a status update on this issue? What is the ETA on this issue?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

I would like to inform you that this issue is resolved in our upcoming monthly release, due at the end of this month. You’ll be updated via this forum thread once we publish the release.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13900) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.