PDF prompts for save after setting MetaData and re-opening

Hi,

We are experiencing an issue whereby modifying metadata, then saving and re-opening the document prompts for save on subsequent close.

Here is the code we are using to set the metadata:

string filePath = @"C:\temp2\2211209\myFile.pdf";<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

PdfFileInfo pdfInfo = new PdfFileInfo(filePath);

pdfInfo.SetMetaInfo("xxx", "something");

pdfInfo.SaveNewInfo(filePath.Replace(".pdf","2.pdf"));

To re-produce, the following steps are required:

1. Run the code above.

2. Open the updated file.

3. Close the file without making any changes.

Do you know if there is a fix for this, or something we are doing incorrectly in our code.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

Please share the input PDF file with us, so we could test the issue using your scenario. We’ll investigate it at our end and update you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

The issue happens with any PDF, but I have attached two versions. The first is the PDF before running code, the second is the PDF after running the code.

Hope this helps!

Aaron.

Hi Aaron,

I have tried this code at my end using your file but couldn’t notice any problem. Can you please share that which viewer you’re using to open this file? I have tried both Adobe Reader and Foxit Reader. Moreover, please share that which version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET you’re using at your end.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

We are using the following versions:

Acrobat Professional 7.0.0

PDF kit v3.8.0.1<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi Aaron,

I’m unable to notice any issue while using Adobe Acrobat either. Please download the latest version and try with that. I’m sure, you’re not going to have any issue with the latest version.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,